Been away for a while, Quick pc question for using the S4
    Tech Mentor

Default Been away for a while, Quick pc question for using the S4

Hey guys havent used the S4 in about 6 months, Looking to get back into it.

Whats the best way to install traktor on my windows gaming machine
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

Tech Mentor

Hey guys havent used the S4 in about 6 months, Looking to get back into it.

Whats the best way to install traktor on my windows gaming machine

Should I make a second profile on windows for just djing an have everything disabled to keep the latency low?

Will this use up heaps of room on my SSD if i have this done on a second profile or not?

Also how would I share my itunes across both?

Thanks guys
    First Mix, have a listen you know you want to
    http://soundcloud.com/mattybruce/spr...-daddy-mixtape

inb4 better, more knowledgeable response, my 2c

Having a fresh install that is used solely for Traktor would be the best bet. I have Vista on my machine and with all the tweaks I tried to do to increase performance I still get occasional pops/stutters. My machine is not the newest, but still that would be my example against installing Traktor just as another application on current Win installation (just to reiterate, I did NOT install Traktor on fresh install). Now that would bug me to no end but performance issues do not translate to recording so since I am yet to play out (in fact my current setup is actually my gaming tower, not even laptop), that doesn't bother me that much, I can record my mixes no problem and if I play for friends, the tweaks help quite a bit and occasional stutter is not an end of the world.

With that said and it's completely a personal choice thing, I am thinking of purchasing a DJ purpose only laptop and I think I'll just go with Mac. Not implying Win DJing is inferior, but people seem to recommend macs time and time again for this purpose.

Google optimizing Win (enter your version) for Traktor and there are some great articles (by NI itself included) that are known to have a positive effect.

As far as iTunes goes, I might've misunderstood your question, but Traktor has access to all of your iTunes stuff including albums, smart albums, playlists etc. So you can just use it straight up with no extra work needed.