Ideas for a fun stageshow?
    Tech Mentor

Default Ideas for a fun stageshow?

Next Thursday I'm bringing in DatA from France to my city for a show. The show will be at a rather intimate venue that can hold 250-300 people but the actual dance floor is significantly smaller.

It's my group's first show as promoters so we want to make it memorable, so we need some ideas for the stageshow. So far I was just brainstorming random stuff:

-launching a zillion balloons into the crowd, like enough so that if you were front/center you wouldn't be able to see anything but balloons almost for a bit
    -handing out sparklers (like what people put on birthday cakes instead of candles) and dimming the lights a lot
    -confetti and lots of it

Any other ideas that'd give the show that little extra?

flamethrowers and teslacoils ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Mentor

We aren't Coachella-status yet

Dont use balloons, drunk idiots spend more time stamping on them believe we, we tried this!
    One cool, and cheap effect is (assuming there's lots of UV light at the venue) is to get a few bales of shredded newsprint. U can usually score this free and its an awesome effect, sorta like radioactive snow
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Dont use balloons, drunk idiots spend more time stamping on them believe we, we tried this!
    One cool, and cheap effect is (assuming there's lots of UV light at the venue) is to get a few bales of shredded newsprint. U can usually score this free and its an awesome effect, sorta like radioactive snow
    Yeah I wonder if we can set up a bunch of black lights just for this? I'd imagine having a couple powerful fans (it'll be hot regardless) and releasing the 'snow' with the fans, should look really sick! Nice one

There are lots of cool and cheap things you can do. Buy some cheap t-shirts and go nuts with the UV paint also (can you tell i like UV) haha
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "