The ultimate beer spill prevention for your expensive laptop + DJ gear

Default The ultimate beer spill prevention for your laptop + DJ gear?

Last edited by jimmymac; 07-23-2008 at 07:30 AM.
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Looks like a big hoax to me... But I would defo not turn it down when it is proven that this is the real deal!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It looks like a marine sealant that they're vacu-forming. Probably seals great, but you need to be sure that it allows heat to radiate from the laptop, and that they can avoid sealing the areas over the fans, or you're literally cooked. I also notice they don't say anything about being able to take devices apart afterward to change batteries, etc. If they coat as a unit instead of by component, this will be pretty difficult.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

The notebook they are showing would go to hell if the fans wouldn't be covered as they're not closed or waterproof.

if it is the real deal i can imagine that stuff being on all electronic devices... but i am like you guys theres gotta be a catch somewhere

Well, they didn't dunk the laptop, so I would imagine that it becomes spill proof, not water proof.

My new ThinkPad has special drainage holes for liquid spills to drain out the bottom without touching any electronics. I'm not planing on testing them out though ;-)