DJ Website

Thread: DJ Website

Default DJ Website

Hey DJTT, I found a website that allows you to make a free website. Its not much but it is pretty nice for being free. To make one go to WIX.com. I have made mine and its pretty nice. Heres a link for you to check it out. http://lightstriker98.wix.com/djdescendent
    while your there please click the like button

Thanks for heads up, man!

Regarding yours. That's a pretty good looking site, in fact quite professional looking! It might be a work in progress so disregard, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case.

About Us sounds weird. A bit too corporate and since it's just you kinda doesn't make full sense, you know?
    Services - I guess same thing here, though this is up to discussion, I mean DJing is in a way a service. Maybe something more casual would sound better. The image though looks sort of ridiculous (suit dudes, the same that's on the front page), I feel like it doesn't fit a DJ website well.

Hey well i took some things in and changed a few things...im having my album artist make me a few pictures for this...yhey will be up soon but here are some more changes i did...checkem out.
    http://lightstriker98.wix.com/djdescendent

Ok, dude, you're gonna hate me, but I guess being a web dev things just bug me. Take everything with a grain of salt. I also realize that some of the things can be limiting due to template you're using/functionality of the site.

Music playing when you get to the site - usually not a good thing, it's great to have a flavor of what you spin for users to check out, no it's fantastic even, however it's usually not a good practice to make it play automatically. A good reasoning for that being someone having their headphones on or speakers too loud clicking on the link and having shit scared out of them.

The new contract graphic is much better, digging it, but for me in Firefox Click has "k" on the second line - looks broken. Is there any way you can fit words contract on the graphic itself? The huge ASCII-esque arrows take a way from a professional look.

Which brings me to the main point - all the huge text on the background (BASS, DUBSTEP, TRAP). First off people are rarely fond of being yelled at, all caps are rather faux pas. Secondly, it looks hyperactive. Now that might not be a bad thing based on the audience you're trying to pull, but assuming from your services page, you're not just playing crazy rave parties. More streamlined and professional look might fit better. Nothing wrong with listing types of music/genre/style you play, just tone it down a bit.

Having a news section which just says COMING SOON seems redundant, it makes more sense to put the section up once you do actually have some news. User would click on a section with no valuable information - that's slightly but still frustrating experience.

I like what you did with the Gallery page. Looks tidy but flashy enough as well.

Alright i made some changes...

I think it looks great, man! One little thing, it's "You're the listener", not "Your the listener". Common mistake Cheers!

completely agree with the above comment, I hate music playing when I open a webpage... If I was just browsing the page would immediately be shut down...

Having to load the music also slows down your site a hell of a lot... It might be better to include a little javascript to only play the track when all other information/pictures have been loaded. on the body tag add an "onload" attribute.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You don't need that huge facebook button, there is already a classy "f" on the lower right corner that looks way more polished than a logo with white background.

Auto playing music is a big nono in my books for the above reasons and that the other person might be already listening to something else.