Forum Intro Along With New Progressive/Electro House Minimix(Tracklist Included)

Default Forum Intro Along With New Progressive/Electro House Minimix(Tracklist Included)

What's up DJTT,

I guess this can be considered my formal introduction, so here goes.

I've been a lurking for a while, but have not been as frequent a poster as I'd like. I'm still fairly new to the DJing and mixing scene and am a fairly latecomer being the young/old age of 27 already. But music, theory, and composition are no stranger to me as my musical training started around when I was four with piano lessons and continued onto being a classically trained pianist.

However, I never much enjoyed being forced to play the piano and always wanted to explore other avenues but was never given the option due to my parents' investment in me as a pianist. I had to perform every year at study program and take written theory tests...I was thrilled as a 14 year old. I continued with the piano, choir and other instrument dabbling here and there throughout high school.

Once I graduated, this part of my life was put on hiatus as I went into college for a business degree. This degree was additionally put on hiatus due to being diagnosed with Crohns a few years ago, and also realizing that a business degree just wasn't for me. Presently I'm working a great day job which allows me to back in school for audio production/engineering degree/cert and loving every minute of it. It also includes a production track some I'm finally starting to dig into the DAWs and production side I've always wanted to.

But enough with the background and on to the mix, I've made a number of mixes before but never a 30 min "quickmix" as you have it. It's very much out of my normal mixing style, but I'd love any type of critique or feedback because everything I've learned thus far about mixing, I've basically taught myself from the ground up.

This mix happens to be for a local competition we're having, but I really don't care about the popularity contest. I've been wanting to submit one for a while just to see what type of reception I'd get, so I'm not here to pump you for plays, just want some good, honest feedback.

If the above is TL;DR and you need cliffs; learned lots of music stuff in my youth, took a break, now I'm late 20s, made a mix, have a listen

1 Kathy Brown & Sol Brothers - Turn Me Out (Turn To Sugar) (Cazzette's Swiftly Remix)
    2 Hard Rock Sofa, Matisse & Sadko, Swanky Tunes - Chemistry (Turn The Flame Higher) (Original Mix)
    3 Hertz In Paradise (Ken Loi Edit)
    4 Tom Staar - Cheyenne (Original Mix)
    5 Tommy Trash - Truffle Pig (Original Mix)
    6 Nicky Romero & Calvin Harris - Iron (Faustix & Imanos Trap Bootleg)
    7 Dzeko & Torres, Jed Harper - Diamond Rings (Michael Woods Edit)
    8 Felguk, Yves V - WOW (Original Mix)
    9 John Dahlback, Greg Cerrone - Every Breath feat. Janice Robinson (Lucky Date Remix)
    10 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Ho) (Gordon & Doyle Bootleg Mix)
    11 EDX & Nadia Ali - This Is Your Life (Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman Remix)
    12 Paris & Simo Vs. Pendulum - Nova Vs. The Island (Paris & Simo Vs. 3LAU Bootleg)
    13 The Aston Shuffle, Tommy Trash vs Avicii, Syn Cole - Sunrise Sillouttes (Project 46 Mashup)

Also here's my mixcloud link for some of the older mixes I've done in the past, much more my style of mixing.

http://www.mixcloud.com/stevohill/

Bump

Welcome to DJTT, mix is not bad at all. I hope you'll enjoy your time here and help to increase our collective knowledge.

(I'm Dutch, sorry for the mistakes)
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Thanks DJD, after a quite a few repeat listens there are a few transitions I wasn't too happy with. It was a different mixing style than I was used to, but already working on the next mix that'll I'll be posting soon.