Just bought a VCM-600!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just bought a VCM-600!!

Hullo all!

i just thought i would share my excitement in buying a VCM-600!

woo yea

now i have the fun task of mapping it to ze abletron
    after i upgrade to 8 as the LE version of 7 it comes with is far to limiting

oh yea and warping gigs and gigs of music

but oh well it will be fun and im sure ill learn alot too

oh yea and a pic for good measure

fart.

That looks sick :P now to replace it all with arcade buttons and make it black and... hehe nah looks pretty cool the way it is.
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

jealous :P those things look like a billion hours of fun (after the days/months of preparing :P)
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by EnGramiK View Post
    That looks sick :P now to replace it all with arcade buttons and make it black and... hehe nah looks pretty cool the way it is.
    haha its pretty tempting actually. but it is already a sexy piece of kit.
    a custom cover plate once i map it all out would be nice though

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    jealous :P those things look like a billion hours of fun (after the days/months of preparing :P)
    mmm yes. the only part im NOT looking forward too. ill just have to bring out the bizzle and hack out
    fart.

I use ableton for production and funky sounds and shit, and often running live with traktor on separate macs, its wicked, and I should really get a VCM! But i struggle to see how you could do a whole gig with live, without being fairly restricted in your music choice?

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    I'm not, just dropped my review version of at the post office this week. Gotta tell ya, I'm not that sorry to see it go.

I thought that it was good, but too much cash to provide a proper bang for buck.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

srsly? it looks perfect for ableton. what's the deal?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Well, if you ask me, the pricing for starters.

I would have expected software to edit and save presets on the MIDI controller.
    Than you have the USB cable, which for me is totally not appropriate.

For a price of 850 euros I would have expected to be able to use the VCM600 properly with other sound apps (Traktor amongst others). But no avail.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Well, if you ask me, the pricing for starters.

I would have expected software to edit and save presets on the MIDI controller.
    Than you have the USB cable, which for me is totally not appropriate.

For a price of 850 euros I would have expected to be able to use the VCM600 properly with other sound apps (Traktor amongst others). But no avail.
    I have heard others use the VCM - 600 with traktor no problem. I mean its midi after all so it should be able to be mapped to any program that receives midi theoretically. But hey what do I know, im a noob to all of this.

And BTW congrats on this piece of gear bro, I envy you. Its on my wish list of toys.

MIDI mapping is not the issue. It's more that Ableton returns values to the LEDs as a standard, in TP none of that seems to happen.

Also just one endless rotary pisses the hell out of me. Agreed you could fix that with modifiers, but that's not the way to go for me.
    Also agreed that the feel of the control is wickedly solid. But I would have expected more from that price tag.

For me the overall feel I had about the controller, was a bit of a downer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast