Maschine MK2, for turntable DJ
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Maschine MK2, for turntable DJ

anyone who uses mainly ttables have a machine that they incorporate into their mix? I've seen shiftee, craze, etc... but would like to know from a regular non-paid NI dj how you like the maschine...

I was going to order the x1/f1 but thought it was pointless b/c i can map all the same features into my maschine and use in traktor

I was also looking into the z2 but I already have a great mixer and was a little weary after reading post about stiff faders and bad paint...my vestax 07 pro is a tank, faders are butta and again, I can map out maschine for the extra uses of what the z2 offers

I ordered the WHITE maschine mk2 and it's on it's way... I cannot wait to spend hours and hours making my own music to use in my dj sets...i'm not a producer turned dj, i'm a DJ that wants to finally start producing my own music and customized remix sets

I thought it was cool how you can run both traktor and maschine software at same time
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

You can't map the remix sets to your maschine you must have an f1 to use the remix sets
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

You'll have to sync maschine to Traktor's clock if you want to use maschine with traktor and not have to grab an f1.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Wizard

And I'm pretty sure you can't RUN Maschine & use it as a Midi-controller at the same time. You either use it for running Maschine synced with Traktor, or as a MIDI-controller.
    Although you could swap between both, but I'm not sure how efficient that is.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Although you could swap between both, but I'm not sure how efficient that is.
    Depends entirely on the functions mapped in the MIDI layer and how you construct a workflow around it, you are just 2 buttons away between each other.

thanks for the help, yeah I read that you can run both maschine software along with traktor at same time and switch between what the maschine controls if you map it out to do so... only other thing I heard is that your beat grids have to be perfect to do so... mapping isn't the issue. Just wanted to know anyhow who actually uses both ttables and maschine and how they like it, pro's/con's etc...i'm sure It will be pefect for what I need it for
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

I used them together when I was on Traktor Pro, but I wasn't using Traktor Scratch.

I thought it was awesome. But, you have to do ridiculous things to give Maschine good tempo controls.

The two things I've seen that work are hosting it in Live (and mapping some controls on its MIDI layer to control Live's tempo and transport controls) and using Traktor's sync functions and it's MIDI out (while mapping some controls to Traktor's MIDI Clock Transport).

If Maschine just had pitch bend buttons, that wouldn't be an issue.

As far as actually using it, there are several ways to do it. You can build kits…you can dedicate groups to variations on sounds…if you set up the audio routing correctly (might require more gear) and you're really good at using Maschine, you can sample off the audio you're playing and mess with it. You can load-up productions and do a live-PA type thing, adapting the structure of your song to match what the crowd wants. It's really cool…………as soon as you get over that tempo issue.

There's a video on the blog about somebody who uses Maschine alongside CDJs. He solved the tempo issues (as well as Maschine's limited mixer) by hosting it in Live, restricting his workflow to be viable in a live setting, and mapping some controls on Maschine's MIDI layer to control Live's tempo & transport. He also sent out busses from Maschine to process them in Live so that–for example–he could use side-chain compression on the bass parts to make the kick punch through without being as picky about the sounds he used.

I'm planning on setting up something similar soon with my DDJ-SX. Serato DJ and Maschine will be running on the same laptop, but they won't actually talk to each other. Right now, I'm at the rebuilding kits stage.

The only thing that really worries me is having to switch between layers for pitch bending and transport. My brain doesn't deal well with layers.

i'll figure something out... I don't really like sync b/c its never right... I plan mainly to make beats for my mixes and then incorporate them into my remix decks... I could then just map out maschine to have fine pitch adjustment controls and everything will be good to go...I only think i'll run maschine for performing live beats for hip-hop style gigs... I can always break a beat down and seperate each part in the remix deck to work better...idk, i'm excited...everyone I know that makes beats with it has sold their mpc's and LOVE the maschine... dj shiftee gets it to work pretty good, his style is more of how I mix, old/new tracks with a little live remix and samples that I may use maschine to trigger

AFAIK, you can't really map Maschine to have fine pitch controls. And it can't control Traktor's REMIX decks unless they've opened them up……I thought they required F1s.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

They still require an F1.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast