Anyone else feel a little overwhelmed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Anyone else feel a little overwhelmed?

Anyone else feel a little overwhelmed by how young famous and known producers are? Doesn't it make you wish you started production/mixing at a MUCH earlier age?

I just feel overwhelmed by the fact that, there are 15 year olds who are big name EDM artists, and producers my age (20 years old) like Zedd, PR, Hardwell, the list goes on, that are just at the top tier of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    Anyone else feel a little overwhelmed by how young famous and known producers are? Doesn't it make you wish you started production/mixing at a MUCH earlier age?

I just feel overwhelmed by the fact that, there are 15 year olds who are big name EDM artists, and producers my age (20 years old) like Zedd, PR, Hardwell, the list goes on, that are just at the top tier of their game.
    20 year olds yea. I don't know of any 15 year olds tho..?

Youngest I can think of is Madeon and he turned 18 in May.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Computers are making it way easier for teens to get into music production and djing
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Wizard

I hear where you're coming from. Some times it gets to me. I'm 26 and just starting out. Problem is, dwelling on those thoughts and bringing yourself down aren't going to help you get to that level. I know extremely tallented musicians who never made it and people with little experience in comparison who are succeeding. You need to determine were you want to go with things and don't let anything get in your way. If you truly want it, you will get it. Just my 2 cents.
    Lenovo T400, Ableton Live 8, Axiom 25, APC40, Auido 2, KRK Rokit 6, Pioneer HJD1500 and a wish list spanning coast to coast.

Yep. this does creep into my mind, but then I remember to be myself and let my shit happen.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Jake from Kill The Noise is 31
    Bassnectar has been slaying for 14 years or something like that
    I was shocked the first time I saw Benni Benassi.....

I actually find it more inspiring than overwhelming. Sure a lot of what got them famous is pure natural talent, but they've also most likely put in unfathomable hours of work and practice to become the best. And that motivates me to work harder as well. If these kids have the discipline to work so hard, then so do I.

Just remember... Anyone who is famous for anything got there either through working/practicing their ass off (95% of cases), having good connections, or making a sex tape. :P

Edit: I should add that "working" doesn't necessarily imply that they were in the studio or practicing the whole time. A lot of people also get famous because their product is just above average, but they "worked" really hard to market themselves intelligently and efficiently.
    Last edited by underwaterrobots; 11-26-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

Tech Guru

A-Trak was 15 when he won the DMC's
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

17 had some production credits on releases and a weekly Internet show that ran into the 200+ listener range this was over 10 years ago and was out of the loop by time I was 20 quit makin it a passion and turned into a hobby ..... Haven't really tried getting back into honestly family life and work makes dedicating that much time to it impossible and ruins all creative thought when you over work and drain yourself...

Don't expect to get anything just strive to achieve doing things to the best eventually you'll get success if its what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast