Just Added 4 Lasers to My DJ System - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

I used to have a few of these.... Glad to see you got your variance... Since they are definitely not legal otherwise lol

Definitely use DMX for these... They look stupid otherwise.

Tech Mentor

ssss18734 by any chnace do you have the fixture file for Freestyler for these lasers?

Tech Mentor

My issue with fixtures like this (4 lights in a horizontal line), is that they look boring as hell. When you get your second unit try playing around with different placement options, something as simple as orienting them vertically or even splaying them to create different angles will work, but really anything will look more interesting than what that video shows.

Also, if you are going to get creative with placement and you find that the laser is cutting into the audience area, pack some gaff tape to trim out where the crowd is expected to be.
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.

Tech Mentor

My plans are to use the lasers in a DMX show. Meaning smart placements and use of the lights and not sound activated. The video was not meant to display the use but the fact i bought one. BTW that's my DEN where I keep all my DJ gear to practice mixing and program the DMX show. Was looking into doing a criss cross effect and smart lighting by staying with single colors till the end of music drops when I can go crazy with full color and strobe effects on top of that but who knows still working out what I actually want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    orienting them vertically
    Horrible idea. That's guaranteed to shoot right into the crowds eyes.

Tech Mentor

I don't sorry. The ones I had weren't exactly the same model, either. They were a PAIN to program, that's for sure.

Tech Mentor

@Sobi. /sigh I am assuming we all know that you need a variance to use these lasers and follow the guidance per the variance instructions . As per the guidance by the FDA any laser that needs a variance will need to be set up 9 feet from the ground angled with no crowd scanning.

@rotebass I do like that tape idea to cover the lower end of the laser to protect the crowd. Thanks for the tip will be using it.

@sss18734 darn >.< ok. I will try to build it from "fixture creator" in freestyler.

Hopefully I will post a demo of the setup once I have it completed. I did get in the T Bars to hold the lasers in today. Looks like I will need some C Clamps to keep them secure since the holes don't match on the T Bars. Doh!

Oh just in case anyone is looking to get a variance/permit i'll link the FDA application.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/aboutfd.../ucm080788.pdf

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Horrible idea. That's guaranteed to shoot right into the crowds eyes.
    Hence the part about using Gaff Tape
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12