Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2 Beta Issues
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Traktor Scratch Pro 1.2 Beta Issues

This isn't a thread to flame or complain, but to make people who might be thinking about trying the TSP beta out aware of any issues that have come up. All in all it seems like a really nice upgrade, but NI admits it's buggy (as betas are) and you probably shouldn't rely on it just yet. I've got a BIG gig coming up next week (4 day mountain bike festival, kind of a big deal ) and I wish that I felt comfortable using 1.2, but I don't think it's quite there.

1. My "switch" modifier that controls whether my Trigger Finger controls Deck A/B or C/D don't work no more. The modifier is activating, because the decks change size, but all the knobs still control A/B. I've tried recreating the mapping, but it did the same thing.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

ean told me a few days ago that many important midi controls do not respond to messages under 69 or some bizzare number, not sure if that was fixed for the public beta

Tech Guru

Well i have tried using Ean's TSI on a vci-100. The first time I installed 1.2 on my main machine. It mostly didnt work at all (most MIDI assignments did not work or did not do what I expected, many LED's displayed the wrong state, some toggle's behaved like hold's). Now I installed it on my spare laptop, things are working better, but there are still wierd issues with the LED's not working properly (like the juggle LED doesnt go off anymore after turning the juggle knob to on and then off).

I tried to look at the offending mappings, but they all look fine (though I am wondering what the "deck focus" setting means in the top right corner ..) and I am going nuts because if the preference window looses focus, it switches back to the first device (in my case the keyboard).
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

i'm really confused with the new mapping screen.. is it designed for those who are midi-averse??

The whole modifier state business is mega confusing.. I really want to start using modifiers, especially for the new FX slots, but i'm finding it really difficult to understand

can anyone give me a brief overview of what they mean?

bascally the're like using the shift button on the keyboard.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

...lost, again.

Back to T3. Ill be back T-Pro!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

some differences then?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    The whole modifier state business is mega confusing.. I really want to start using modifiers, especially for the new FX slots, but i'm finding it really difficult to understand

can anyone give me a brief overview of what they mean?
    not really the right thread to ask about how to use modifiers. at any rate, thats one of the big improvements in 1.2, since now you can see the current state of your modifiers.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

nonono, sorry, you've misunderstood me! I know what they are, and I could use them on 1.1, but its the new UI on the settings menu (modifier status) thats confusing the hell outa me!

I know its a mega imporvement, but I'm finding it difficult to get my head around it.

Sorry if I sounded like a midi n00b! lol

ooh got a proper issue!

When scrolling down my library (on the computer keyboard) pressing up and down arrows seems to scroll up and down in groups of 3 or 4, not by step. this is really quite irritating, as I can no longer seem to be able to use the keyboard to scan through my music

any ideas?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast