Apc 40 help!

Thread: Apc 40 help!

Tech Student

Default Apc 40 help!

Too keep it short and sweet thank you in advance.im having problems with my apc40's LEDs shutting off.they activate.but after I add any effect too a audio channel they will all go out.i can get them back on by selecting a clip than anything in the channel will show.but shortly after they will all turn off again.i also notice after words that the volume faders in ableton will wiggle on there own.also the track encoders on the apc40 will move back and forth a led slot.what is wrong with this thing.it came with a homedics AC power adapter off some foot spa or something.could that be why? Is it junk? This has been driving insane and I ain't sleeping good.thank you for any help you can offer.

Tech Student

Has anybody even seen anything like this? Is there another website I should check that would have people that are more knowledgable about apc40's?

Tech Guru

That sounds a lot like a power problem to me. I would look to see that the power supply is rated properly for the APC40. I'm betting it's not, and this is a used unit with the wrong PSU.

Tech Student

Yes I bought it used off eBay and it came with the wrong power supply.i think it's under powered.would that cause the midi "wiggles" the volume faders wiggle slightly in ableton and so does the cross fader.also keeps saying the track, master and crossfader is awaiting pickup with random decibel levels in the bottom status bar in ableton.it will shut off after that.

Tech Wizard

A proper power cord shouldn't be too difficult to find.
    You should be able to find the proper specifications on the product website for the APC40. Getting another cord would be really easy and cheap (amazon?). Make sure you test it when receiving proper power before you contact the seller about any malfunctions.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Was it second hand ? ... I'm having recently now with my encoders fluctuating, which I'm guessing is down to a dirt and dust buildup.

Also worth changing your USB cable - could be dodgy or if you are into a hub it can cause issues depending what else is on it e.g. hard drives.

The PSU should be a 12v 2Amp if thats what you've got - may be one of the above.

Tech Student

Thank you too everyone that commented.the psu it came with "from eBay" was 12v 500ma I found a 12v 2A and it works perfect.it was being underpowered.the encoders or track faders no longer have the wiggles and it no longer crashes.