Oldschool rap, DJ_special_K shop cd - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thx, really appreciate your feedback and yes, looking at the game i feel like i dont like hiphop as much as i did back in the 90´s, with all those lil´half´a dollar MC´s that promote violence rather than education. To be honest, i bought my last hiphop-record/LP years ago cause nothing new and exciting is happening in the biz...

but anyways, its a rad mix and i´m glad you like it
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Convert

i'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to digital djing so forgive me if this is a pretty basic question. In some parts of the mix i can hear you scratching but in other parts i can hear you juggling cue points. what are you using to do this?

I´m using one pretty basic turntable to scratch and a nanopad or the kill-buttons on my bcd as cue´s to trigger the cuepoints. Its a technique called scuing. Its quite similar to cue-point-juggles, except that scratches get incorperated. A good exsample is arkham asylum,he´s the one came up with it and that explained it the best for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bren2MX2zRU
    (man, i love organ donor )

M-Rock also did a awesome routine using only one tt to juggle too, sadly youtube blocked the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mNMk...eature=channel

His description: "A technique that I came up with in March 2008 with one hand on the laptop, one hand on the turntable, giving a digital sound to mixing without losing the organic touch of the hand on the turntable."

He did a crazy routine, dmc-like, with such wild juggles i never would have thought that this is possible with only one record and some cuepoints. Since then i tried to come up with my own style of scuing, its about a year now that i practise this technique.

You can try some basic versions for your self if you have a scratch-able jogwheel by simply putting 1 cue on base, one on clap, one on kick and a sample for the 4th cue if you like.

trigger base, pull back, let base run once again.
    trigger clap, pull back, trigger kick
    trigger base, pull back,let base run,trigger clap,trigger kick, trigger sample.

can sound something like:

boom-reverse-boom-clap-reverse-kick
    boom-reverse-boom-clap-kick- aaah yeah

i hope that description is helpfull, i dont know how to explain in better words, right now i am way too hang-over peace
    Last edited by greatmesk; 07-29-2009 at 06:26 AM.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Wizard

Very Very Cool Mix and excellent Scratches. I think i have nodded all the way this. A very very clean and well mixed set. I looked at the track list and thought some of the songs were average, but i have to say i cant fault this mix at all its right up my street.

Well done and post some more.

Cheers Michael

Very excited about this mix, will listen to it when I get home tonite

Edit: listened to it. Tight as a teenager! Defo saving this one for my slick street hangelang parties, I have no feedback dude
    Last edited by janzak; 08-06-2009 at 06:48 AM.
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12