Who has used a Kontrol X1 and/or Xone K2? what are your thougts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have mapped my x1 to control deck c and d with browse buttons being filters and eq control up top keeping my looping buttons and arranging pads to be nudge buttons loop size encoders to be pitch and leaving hot cue buttons in place ... I have also mapped it to control effects before more in depth then normal when running in chained effects mode...

However these days I mostly use itch with my ns6... Don't recall last time I used traktor tbh..... Keep saying one of these days will start using it again

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    not to jack the thread from OP but im curious how everyone is using there K2 as an X1 replacement (i.e not using faders and knobs for EQ and stuff) still using the external mixer for EQ and channels. im going to be replacing my X1 with a K2 and get another K2 eventually to have more control but for now just one as i have a Kontrol F1 and will continue to use remix decks if i can build some better remix sets have been putting that off for some time..

as for the OP in your situation I'd go for a Xone K2 over the X1, i love my X1 but for your projected setup you would fare better with the K2
    thanks for the replys everyone.

Well I actually would just use the clubs mixer if I had the X1 I definitely wouldnt be able to use JUST the X1.

Does anyone use the K2 with just the internal mixer? Is it even loud enough??

My big thing is my trepidation with using club gear. I've been using a single unit controller pretty much for 2 years and Ive always been thankful not having to use club gear after seeing how bad they take care of it (my main reason for not switching full time to CDJs). If you guys think the K2 is a good enough and loud enough unit to use on its own than I'll probably do that but if the output isnt great than I think I would use the X1 + audio 2 w/ the club mixer.
    Last edited by bmar222; 11-29-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmar222 View Post
    thanks for the replys everyone.

Well I actually would just use the clubs mixer if I had the X1 I definitely wouldnt be able to use JUST the X1.

Does anyone use the K2 with just the internal mixer? Is it even loud enough??

My big thing is my trepidation with using club gear. I've been using a single unit controller pretty much for 2 years and Ive always been thankful not having to use club gear after seeing how bad they take care of it (my main reason for not switching full time to CDJs). If you guys think the K2 is a good enough and loud enough unit to use on its own than I'll probably do that but if the output isnt great than I think I would use the X1 + audio 2 w/ the club mixer.
    I believe there has been ppl that use the sound card on the K2 and they have no problem in club environment but others have reported that there is a volume problem (not being loud enough) although i believe there has been more than one update since its release and if it was indeed a software fault it has been fixed im sure (i would reference A&H site) good thing about having a audio 2 already is that you can have it on backup duty or the K2 sound card on backup duty

I have the X1 and I love it. I had that before I bought the S2. Honestly the X1 was a lot easier to use and map. I'm trying to figure out how to use them both together with a midi fighter.

Personally, I'd rather an audio 6 or 10 because I like that 3rd channel to preview tracks
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Personally, I'd rather an audio 6 or 10 because I like that 3rd channel to preview tracks
    thats why i will never sell my Audio 8, love that thing

I have used X1's since they were released in 2010. Best controllers to slide beside a mixer by far.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I bought an X1 about 2 years ago - the controls are all of similar to those of your S2 in terms of quality, though with a slightly different feel - the buttons have a little bit more travel and are more rubberized, like the cue button on the S2/4. The encoders and knobs are pretty much the same, feel-wise. It works very well in a DVS setup as I have below, or with the S4 and the APC40 before that.

My current setup is 2 turntables, a mixer, the X1, and an RMX 1000 and I couldn't really ask for more aside from maybe cdjs, but I can't justify that expense for what I see as a marginal upgrade.

For you though, keep in mind that if you're not using the x1 for Traktor, it's a bit less appealing. The dual control surface aspect of it uses NHL for the top layer, which is a protocol that only works with Traktor, while the bottom layer is midi. So if you're using the X1 in ableton, you can only use one layer of controls, which makes the K2 a clear winner. Although, you can use the NHL layer for Traktor and the Midi layer for Ableton, which is what I do. You may be able to get around some of that with control editor for the X1 (the program from NI to mess with the midi output in the unit) and/or Bomes Midi Translator but I haven't bothered.

This chap breaks it all the way doon.

Personally, I got my K2 from an internet Gypsy and I'm pretty sure it's cursed with Texan voodoo
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post

This chap breaks it all the way doon.

Personally, I got my K2 from an internet Gypsy and I'm pretty sure it's cursed with Texan voodoo
    Is there something wrong with the K2? The default Texas curse removal is to spray the cursed item with a mixture of longhorn semen and possum blood out of your mouth as you sacrifice a Jackalope over it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast