Feedback

Thread: Feedback

Default Feedback

I was doing a practice set last month that turned out to be pretty good so I wanted to get other people's feedback. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

http://pghdigitaldjs.com/?page_id=54
    Last edited by pghdjspaz; 11-30-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: forgot the link haha

You can embed soundcloud right in the thread, second last button on the toolbar.

Can't judge the music selection, seems pretty generic (no offense, but even if that's supposed to be top 40 it sounded kinda bland).
    Your transitions are a little messy, too quick, prone to cause confusion in a listener. Timing isn't necessarily bad, but dropping a beat of first song too early in second track's build up kinda kills energy. In places where you were beat riding (5:20+ I think) it was a bit off beat. Track progression isn't very strong.

You're on the right track though, keep practicing. As far as the music goes, if that's what you love, fair enough I guess but it sounds more like you just mixed some popular tunes. Maybe put more soul into music selection. Strive for cleaner transitions (I know I can say same to myself ha) and did I mention practice?

All the best to you, man!

Quote Originally Posted by monogammee View Post
    You can embed soundcloud right in the thread, second last button on the toolbar.

Can't judge the music selection, seems pretty generic (no offense, but even if that's supposed to be top 40 it sounded kinda bland).
    Your transitions are a little messy, too quick, prone to cause confusion in a listener. Timing isn't necessarily bad, but dropping a beat of first song too early in second track's build up kinda kills energy. In places where you were beat riding (5:20+ I think) it was a bit off beat. Track progression isn't very strong.

You're on the right track though, keep practicing. As far as the music goes, if that's what you love, fair enough I guess but it sounds more like you just mixed some popular tunes. Maybe put more soul into music selection. Strive for cleaner transitions (I know I can say same to myself ha) and did I mention practice?

All the best to you, man!
    Yeah I mix top 40 hip hop and house. This was a practice hence my first line I agree with you though, there was one spot where the build up was great and it dropped off into that Usher song (that's definitely not my favorite part.) The crowds I typically play to are younger so I have to play what they like not so much what I like. I personally feel that the music these days sucks but I do what I have to in order to get paid . I'll embed the next one using that tool you mentioned.

Thanks for the input.