Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because of the "awesome" mappings

7 20.59%
  • Build Quality and construction

5 14.71%
  • I havent bought anything from them

20 58.82%
  • The design of the controller was exactly what i was looking for.

6 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How many of You bought something off DJTT

Hey so im just here trying to actually get a response from someone at DJTT because all of the other questions i have posed have gone ignored.

How many people on these forums have actually bought something from DJTT?

Out of the people that have how many of you bought the product just for the hardware?

How many of you have purchased hardware because of the mapping provided.

How many of you feel that had the mapping not existed would they have still bought the same controller?

Reason i am asking these questions is that I feel that i have been slightly ripped off here.

I purchased a MFPro over a year ago and the main enticement was the glorious mapping that DJTT provided...had the mapping not existed...i probably would not have shelled out 500 dollars to get this 16 button box with 2 faders and 1 knob.

It is only 1 year later and it seems that they have just completely forgotten about the mf classic and pros and concentrated on the MF3d...and with another "NEW" midi fighter on the way i feel that the same thing is going to happen with the 3D.

Now as a "Hardware" manufacturer, you would think if they advertise their product to work with a specific type of software that they would keep supporting the software...it has been like 1 year and they have already stopped any type of support on their older models...this to me is really bad business practice...I mean if Pioneer made a new CDJ/DJM line every year and then stopped supporting their existing lines...they would not be the power house they are today.

IMO the MF Classic and PRO series are crazy expensive for what you are getting out of them from a hardware perspective...i mean really 16 buttons 2 faders and 1 knob for that much money? There are thousands of better midi controllers for that price point, and they work exactly as advertise and a lot of the companies make additional mappings when software changes.

The biggest enticement that i feel a lot of us have was the mapping that was made for the Midi fighter. DJTT even used the mappings as one of their biggest selling points.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

What do you mean they don't support the hardware anymore?

I haven't checked but I'm 99.9% sure they will continue to support the hardware, both with new mappings and with technical support.

You seem upset because they have discontiuned a product and released a new one, but that's common business practice, done by all hardware manufacturers..
    SC | MC

Unless we take the remix decks into consideration...

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

I bought those cool Play/Pause stickers for macbooks. They look pretty cool with the backlighting.

I have not bought anything from DJTT because I have no idea how much it'd cost to ship to England.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I have not bought anything from DJTT because I have no idea how much it'd cost to ship to England.
    select product in cart, go to checkout, select shipping to pomland, review

I have bought stuff off the site, great community, great hardware, great support, I just think their products lose focus before they should and that the mappings are great, but updates are somewhat of a minor letdown. In order to experience true updates and such, you would have to keep up with purchasing the newest controllers and the newest products.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

. How many people on these forums have actually bought something from DJTT?
    I have purchased multiple midi fighters, speakers, control F1 and yesterday the Z2.

Out of the people that have how many of you bought the product just for the hardware?
    Depends on the hardware.

How many of you have purchased hardware because of the mapping provided.
    Not me – most serious people customize existing mappings or map from scratch. That’s kind of the point of all these mid devices.

How many of you feel that had the mapping not existed would they have still bought the same controller?

Look at the threads in enough detail and you’ll find it’s mostly the more casual users who buy items primarily for mappings

Reason i am asking these questions is that I feel that i have been slightly ripped off here.

Didn’t see that coming at all

I purchased a MFPro over a year ago and the main enticement was the glorious mapping that DJTT provided...had the mapping not existed...i probably would not have shelled out 500 dollars to get this 16 button box with 2 faders and 1 knob.
    Why didn’t you just shell out $35 for the Traktor Bible instead and create your own mappings?

It is only 1 year later and it seems that they have just completely forgotten about the mf classic and pros and concentrated on the MF3d...and with another "NEW" midi fighter on the way i feel that the same thing is going to happen with the 3D.
    You do realize you are dealing with a small, independent business here right? These guys put more out in terms of mappings, and tutorials than companies 10 times their size. Also why is “New” is quotes? Have you seen their next product and is it simply a re-hash or rip off of what’s already been done?

Now as a "Hardware" manufacturer, you would think if they advertise their product to work with a specific type of software that they would keep supporting the software...it has been like 1 year and they have already stopped any type of support on their older models...this to me is really bad business practice...I mean if Pioneer made a new CDJ/DJM line every year and then stopped supporting their existing lines...they would not be the power house they are today.

There you go with the quotes again. I will tell what "I" think. You are getting way out of your depth here. Define “support”. Does their hardware not work on windows 8? Does it not work on Traktor 2.6? Are there any new platforms it’s having issues with? Have you actually emailed them with a question and been told “sorry – we no longer support this?” I’m guessing you haven’t done that. Also are they selling ou a closed system that means that they and only they can make the updates you are looking for? Comparing Pioneer CDJs to MidiFighters is like comparing apples to last Tuesday evening.

IMO the MF Classic and PRO series are crazy expensive for what you are getting out of them from a hardware perspective...i mean really 16 buttons 2 faders and 1 knob for that much money? There are thousands of better midi controllers for that price point, and they work exactly as advertise and a lot of the companies make additional mappings when software changes.
    Sound like the most problematic issue you have is your own buying criteria.

The biggest enticement that i feel a lot of us have was the mapping that was made for the Midi fighter. DJTT even used the mappings as one of their biggest selling points.
    Sure it’s a selling point but if you are relying on them to continue knocking out new mappings containing oh… I don’t know what as you’ve never even mentioned that, then you are sir, are barking up the wrong cup of tea.

Unfortunately your points are as dull as this thread. You are blaming them for your own lack of research or poor judgment. Even putting that aside, you haven’t given them a chance to try and makes things right for you (although you haven't eveb said what “right” is other than NEW AND MORE!) Midifighters are not a good buy for people who aren’t looking to be creative and put some work in to creating their own set up. You might also consider why you wasted your time on a poll. Do you really think that you are going to build up a critical mass of disenfranchised MF users?

Sorry to be so direct but people’s expectations these days are way off point and your poll and the tone of your post is just the kind of stuff I love to respond. Now, go have a biscuit….
    Last edited by smiTTTen; 11-30-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Smitten speaks truth. Its not rocket science to make your own mapping to cater your needs.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

sounds like a case of buyers remorse to me.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast