Laptop cannot Handle Running Traktor Pro 2.6
    Tech Convert

Default Laptop cannot Handle Running Traktor Pro 2.6

Computer Specs:
    Dell N5110
    I5 Processor 2.3 GHz
    Ram: 4GB ( bumped it up to 8GB of ram hoping to resolve the issue)
    HD: 500GB

DJ Equipment:
    Numark Mixtrack
    Traktor 2.6

I recently updated my Traktor program to the new 2.6 and I have been having issues running my DJ software without it freezing. It works fine when playing songs on both decks, but when it comes to transitions, adding effects, and recording mixes my laptop freezes for a few seconds and this usually happens every 10-15min. I originally had 4GB of ram and figured I would upgrade to 8GB hoping to fix the issue. I noticed the computer runs alot quicker, but when it comes to Traktor I still have the same issue. The CPU bar is consistently at 75% while playing songs through Trakor, and hits 100% quite frequently and causes it to freeze. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue to improve the performance of my laptop or change settings in Traktor, let me know. Is this a common occurrence when using a Dell?

Have you done all the windows optimizing tips? Run Smittten's script or Game Booster? Use Readyboost?
    If not you've got some work to do, lol.

Even with all the optimizing my similar spec laptop has limits to what I can do in 2.6.
    If you have had Traktor For a bit and have 2.1.3 or lower, you can just go back to the older version. 2.1.3 was the newest version my laptop could run no problem.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=23335 will get you started. There is also optimizing tips at NI forums, and a good thread with more tips. (I would link it for you, but I'm using my phone and it would be a pain)

Tech Convert

big thanks man, i got game booster and it fixed the issue doesn't even hit 20% CPU anymore !

Quote Originally Posted by mjlass View Post
    big thanks man, i got game booster and it fixed the issue doesn't even hit 20% CPU anymore !
    Same here bro. But it ran alright without it on mine.