CDJ800 + Trator scratch pro Laggy/Slow - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nelchior View Post
    Anyone around here?

My latency is about 10.2, the jogs still feel laggy, and the cue points that I set using my CDJs aren't really reliable..

Any thoughts, anyone?
    Welcome to CD timecodes with Traktor.

Tech Convert

Can you be more specific ?

Can you be more specific ?
    The annoyances you're experiencing are inherent to Traktor's CD timecodes.

Tech Convert

Well, lots of people use Traktor's CDs, and many of the, are perfectly fine.

I think I saw online that we could download an updated version of the CDs. I couldn't find it back though. You think that'd do it?

Apart from that, do you have any other suggestion? Should I consider that a latency of 10.3 (9.7 if I tweak a few things that I don't know anything about) good enough to assume that the issue does not come from my laptop ?

Anyways, thanks for your time, it's really appreciated.

Someone offered me $1400 for my two CDjs (800 MK2) + my DJM 800. If I'd sell them, I would then buy the DDJ-SX from Pioneer. What do you think - is it a smart move ? I'm really afraid that I'm gonna miss my DJM. I know that Serato has more effects, but I m really afraid I ll miss the way they feel, along with all the effects on the right side of the panel.

Thanks again !!

Well, lots of people use Traktor's CDs, and many of the, are perfectly fine.
    Lot's of people use them, that doesn't mean they're absolutely perfect.

Tech Convert

True but I remember seeing a video on youtube where a DJ was reviewing his set - which was the exact same one - with Traktor. Everything was runnning smoothly. No delay whatsoever. Besides, the guy was saying that after trying different controllers, he thought that the CDJs were the best for Traktor (video was 1.5 year old though).

What about the deal I m thinking about? What do you think

Tech Convert

I mea I m not debating which is the best controller, it's just that my Cue points shouldnt .. "jump" like that. I get to set a cue point on a beat after a few tries, but sometimes when I press the play again the actual cue point has moved. Same for the looops, they don't start when I press the buttons, they're slightly delayed.

Saying that just amde me realize that the autoloops are independant from the Traktor CDs. So the delay must be coming from something else.

The cdj's + djm for $1400, that's a very low price. I'm sure you can get $1600 for the set. I suggest you to keep the djm and sell the cdj's only. Buy a couple of technics + kontrol x1, you won't regret this. You can also save for a pair of cdj 900's.

Whatever, don't sell your djm !
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Tech Guru

Traktor timecode Cd's sometimes can be finicky for some people, but you should not be experiencing lag ALL the time. Something is wrong here.

Timecode CDs are just crap. I have no idea why, and TC vinyl seems much better, but I just hate TC CDs with both traktor and serato. Don't even bother trying to use them to cue, cue points drift because the software only knows where you are when the disc is moving - and of course it's not moving when you hit cue to return to your cue point. My advice is only use the CDJs to move and pitch bend the track, get a small midi controller for everything else. I had a gig using DVJ-1000s with serato and I just took my X1 and used the cue points to cue up just leaving the CD playing.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast