CDJ800 + Trator scratch pro Laggy/Slow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ800 + Trator scratch pro Laggy/Slow

Hey guys,

I own 2 CDJ800MK2 and a DJM 800, and I've finally decided tu get myself traktor (scratch pro 2)

The thing is that it is slow/laggy. I have the hardest time placing a cue point and finding the beginning of a beat, the loop function is broken, and the whole thing doesn't feel very responsive.

I spent quite some time online, but could not find an answer. I've synchronized/analyzed the songs, which helped a little, but it's still laggy.

My laptop is an i7 2.2ghz, with 16gb ram, which should be way enough - am I right ? Is there anything in the options that I missed?

In case my turntables and my traktor arent compatible, I was wondering:
    -If I upgrade my Hard drive to an SSD hard drive, would that make a difference?
    -Would getting a mac make a difference?
    - I was looking into selling my set for a Pioneer DDJ-SX, but will it be perfectly responsive?

The main problem is that - though I would consider upgrading/changing my equipment - I don't even know where the issue comes from..

Thanks for your help guys, Ill be looking forward for reading your recommendations.

Cheers!

G.

What audio interface are you using to connect your laptop to the CDJ 800's and DJM 900?
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Convert

Hey Rjc,

So basically here's my setup:
    -traktor scratch pro 2 connected to Traktor Audio 10 the with USB
    -CDJs connected to the 2 inputs (A and B) first of my through RCA cables
    - Traktor Audio 10 (out A and B) connected to DJM through RCA cables

Does that answer to your question?

Thanks for your time

Alrighty, well the first thing you're probably going to want to look at is doing some windows optimisation to try get the most out of your system as possible. Hardware wise, it's more than powerful enough to run it, you may just need to do some tweaks.

I'd check out the following threads:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+Processing

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/0...-dual-booting/

If you have any other problems, throw up another post, and we can work from there. There are plenty of people on the forum who successfully DJ using Windows.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Convert

Thx Rjc

I'll try that tomorrow and get back to you

Have you tried adjusting the actual latency? You could just be dealing with a high latency buffer and the general crap that is Traktor with timecode CDs.

Tech Convert

Hi Shishdisma,

How does one do that ?

Tech Convert

So I looked into it, I've just done the dual booting tonight. I'm gonna look into the other links tomorrow. I'll get back to you!

Thx again

Tech Convert

Hi RJC,

sorry for the late reply, pretty busy this week.

So I've followed most of the steps. I did run the script, I did create a dual boot. And finally, in regards to the first link you sent me, i did most of it too. I am not 100% the right drivers (asio4all) are running, but it comes with a program that is running and that recognized my sound card.

I followed all the other steps though.

And honestly I didn't see that much of a difference for now. I m getting desperate, i really don't get why it is laggy when everything seems to be set up

Tech Convert

Anyone around here?

My latency is about 10.2, the jogs still feel laggy, and the cue points that I set using my CDJs aren't really reliable..

Any thoughts, anyone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast