How to hide the crate?

Default How to hide the crate?

Hey guys

I tried searching for this but didnt really work out for me I was curious if there is a way to hide the crate in Traktor so that all you can see is your decks and effects. I want to do this as currently i have a 13" Macbook and when i have 4 decks open i cant see the effects section because theres not enough room.... where if i minimize a set of decks i will see the effects section again so to save me the hassle of hiding the decks every time i want to see the effects i want to know is there a way to hide the crates so that i dont see the tree on the left hand side and all the album selections in the middle etc...

I tried looking for at least an hour on how to do this by playing around on traktor but i didnt get any result... if some one could help me out on this issue i would really appreciate that.

The reason behind me doing this as well is that this weekend my mate came over and well we always take turns jamming it out on the vci100 but i decided why not hook up the CDJ400's i got since the new beta 1.2 for Traktor gives you the ability to connect your CDJ400's this way i have 4 decks going and he can control 2 decks and i can control 2 and we can mix into each other making really fun and interesting mixs we just found it a huge pain having to hide each others decks everytime we wanted to see the effects section... We also have it so that we have a button we can toggle and the browse deck will appear so we dont really have a need to see the crate when we dont need it

Cheers in advance
    Ben
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No there is no way to turn off the Browser window.
    What you can do is turn off :
    Crossfader
    Favourite slots
    Track Info
    Status Bar
    Cover Art

You could also have the Advanced Section (Move/Cue/Grid) on a hotkey toggle.

Also you could have 2 separate layouts. One with your Decks Full and his decks minimised and one layout the opposite ( i think ). So you just toggle between the 2 layouts.

If you do all those things it will free up some room.

Damn Thanks karlos, yeah i made a option so that we could hit a button and it would minimize either Decks A&B or Decks C&D and then hit it again to enlarge them, but i would much rather of had the browser hidden... damn they really should make that an option...
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Yeah i think i agree. There is an option to just show just the Browser called Browser Only Toggle. Maybe a 3rd option is needed, Decks Only Toggle.
    Make a feature Request over at the Forum if your a member. May get big support from the 4 deck, 13"Mac owners.

Yeah will bring this up on the NI Feature Request then

Are you the admin for NI lol? i noticed your name as the admin in the Traktor section haha

Im a Moderator. Im not Admin. Theres just one Admin and 4 Mods for the English DJ Forum. Im pretty much there 24/7
    Its cool , its gets hairy in there but i enjoy the work.
    I come to DJTTs everyday to chill out and blend in. No-one shouts at me on DJTTs.

Wow fair enough i can imagine that being a full time job of its own. Thanks for the quick reply to the post on NI forums, would love it if they took this into consideration