New soundcloud is out of beta
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default New soundcloud is out of beta

Ive been using it in beta, and I liked some of the features like music playing even if you are doing other stuff, the reposting of songs. The new explore seemed better categorized but I cant tell how good it really is since i havent really used it.

What are your thoughts?

Default Re: New soundcloud is out of beta

it's just rife with performance issues at the moment. pages aren't loading. constant error messages. i haven't been able to fully explore the new features as a result. hopefully it's just rollout day issues. not sure why this is going so bad since it's been around for months as a beta.

the song playing in the background and the comments system seems to be a big improvement.

on another note according to this usa today article on the new rollout, a pay to listen service with ads like spotify/pandora is in the pipeline....

An improved Facebook sign-in process identifies your music and audio likes and immediately finds them on SoundCloud so you can start following. And SoundCloud listeners can easily create and share their own sets — compilations of various music and audio offerings — that they have discovered on the site.

These changes will help SoundCloud evolve into a more profitable business, says Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures, a New York-based venture-capital firm with investments in the company. SoundCloud already makes money from a premium service, for which creators pay $40 to $600 a year, he says.

But the biggest growth is in listeners, Wilson says, so a subscription or advertising-based business model is imminent. "This is all about making the experience for the listener a better experience than it has been."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...aunch/1743391/

Not sure how that makes the experience better for the listener.
    Last edited by bluegrassdj; 12-04-2012 at 03:04 PM.

...and the commenting just now is disabled due to server issues.

I was not that impressed with the new look, a busy look compared with the old clean one. If they put ads inside this busy look, Myspace here we come.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Guru

fortunately, you can still go back to the classic soundcloud if this one is not you cup of tea

I went back to the old Soundcloud, because I couldn't believe they stripped my favorite feature: the ability to see what songs the people you follow are "favoriting." I found so much good music that way. Now that's split into "favorites" and "repost", which I fear will only reduce the number of recommended songs appearing in my dashboard.

I'm sure Ill be forced into the new one eventually.

Are groups and spotlight pages back up? If not, Pass.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

It's annoying when web firms fix something that doesn't need fixing by breaking it.

Loads of errors still.

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    I went back to the old Soundcloud, because I couldn't believe they stripped my favorite feature: the ability to see what songs the people you follow are "favoriting." I found so much good music that way. Now that's split into "favorites" and "repost", which I fear will only reduce the number of recommended songs appearing in my dashboard.

I'm sure Ill be forced into the new one eventually.
    Ha, that was exactly why I went back to the old one, after trying out the beta a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by 3heads; 12-05-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    I went back to the old Soundcloud, because I couldn't believe they stripped my favorite feature: the ability to see what songs the people you follow are "favoriting." I found so much good music that way.
    as far as i can tell they just changed favorites to likes. it's on the right hand side of someone's profile. you might have to scroll down to see it.

the functionality seems about the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast