Cue Points!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cue Points!

Default Cue Points!

Yes, I know what they are, No, I have not really been into the whole cue point Juggling controllerism scene.

I want to incorperate them into my mixes more...

How do YOU use your cue points effectively? Where do YOU place the cue points for the best usage?

Im not asking this as a noob that wants to get into mixing, just as someone that wants to learn a little to incormporate them into a set more!

Thanks
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

And yes i have gridded and set them in proper places before to snap to a spot in the track, I just want some other opinions on how to use them (In a set).
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I use cues for various purposes depending on mixing sets or creating routines. For sets I place them to mark and jump to brakes and drops (sometimes vocals too) other would be combining cues with effects by using creative mapping.

Thanks stewe! I have mine set similar, I just don't know how i could use the cues in a set?

I'm actually curious about hearing from other people as well. The way I've been incorporating my cues is very dependent on song/genre but I'll always place one at the first beat, and depending on what I'm doing with the song and how I'm mixing it. I'll place additional cue points for common mixing points, but never get too creative with them.

I use Fade-in/Fade-Out markers to mark vocals in the tracks I'm not super familiar with, Load-In Markers at the start (with the option enabled in settings), and Normal Cue Points for points I could use to skip forward in a long track, generally at breaks or at the beginning of a new 32/64/128 beat phrase.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Thats basically all i do, I have been setting them just as reference points on the first beat so that i dont have to scroll through my tracks with the jog wheel. I need to go into my playlists and set fade in fade out points as well now

Thanks for the input! Ill deffinatly be setting fade in and out cues all night.

Just remember if you're using Fade In/Out Markers, that you're going to want to disable 'Activate Fade In & Fade OUt Markers' in Preferences, under the Loading Panel.

Essentially it only affects you if you're using Cruise Mode, but you never know when the situation occurs :P
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Ill be sure to check. Ive never messed with the cue point settings so ill be sure to look out for that! Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast