Which laptop?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which laptop?

Default Which laptop?

I'm in the market for a new laptop and I'm interested to know what other people are using. I am currently using a HP Pavilion dv6 (one of the early ones) and while it's been OK, it hasn't really blown my socks off and Maschine seems to hammer the processor.

Macbook Pro is an obvious choice but I have issues with Apple (mainly about the iphone so willing to swallow my pride if they are really as good as people say they are!!).

Main usage would for production, runinng Ableton and Maschine. Occasional DJ'ing (Traktor).

Anybody got any suggestions?

Macbook Pro

ibtl
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

i have a HP DV7 8g ram, i5 and runs everything perfect. ableton runs smooth even with 15+ tracks of plugins running. no cpu spikes. i keep it for mainly music and thats it. nothing else goes on this laptop.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Macbook Pro

ibtl
    2nded

They are dummy proof and powerful. Can't ask for much more than that.

Macbook Pro all day.. Had one for 3 yrs and would NEVER go back to anything else. Especially for DJ'ing/Producing.. And everything else ;-)

Macbook definately.

Macbook Pro.

If you can afford it.....macbook pro definately. It's by no means needed, but there's a reason they are so popular.

Macbook Pro. If you can't afford it, I'd seriously look into a Macbook Air and see if it meets the specs for what you need……there are people who run decent sessions in Pro Tools on MBAs.

I'm weird in that the way I use computers, I don't consider Windows usable. It's a personal thing. But I'd imagine you could save a bit of money by going with a PC. Just do some research to find out if it'll run Audio stuff well. Personally, I'd probably look at Lenovo first……but I don't have any specific recommendations on the PC side……it's been years since I cared.

Macbook Pro hands down.

Can start dj'ing right when you open the box.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast