Beginner setup help - general output

Default Beginner setup help - general output

Alright, so after a bunch of research I decided to go with a Numark 4trak controller and some pretty low end monitors. Everything works great with Traktor, aside from me having not a whole lot of idea what im doing yet. I just have xlr's going from the 4trak to the monitors, and usb to the computer.

My question is, can I use the monitors hooked up through the 4trak as just general computer sound as well? (games, itunes, etc) Right now, I can only play through them with traktor.

The 4trak having its own sound logic in it seems to suggest I can, but just switching the default audio playback in windows doesnt seem to do anything. Maybe there is a setting im missing, or just something I dont understand about the setup in general?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully this is the right sub-forum, I looked around and it seemed to be the only one that fit.

Tech Guru

Should work that way. Make sure you select the right set of outputs (there's at least 2, one for main, one for headphones). If that doesnt work, press the properties button after you select it as the default, make sure everything is good there. Obviously you have it plugged in and/or USB plugged in I'm assuming

Default Got it!

Turns out if you have xlr and balanced hooked up to the monitors in this setup, nothing will play. Noob mistake, thanks for the help all the same!