AUDIO 8 or AUDIO 6?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jonham

Default AUDIO 8 or AUDIO 6?

My friend is willing to sell me his Audio 8 for $200, but I don't know if I should just get the newer Audio 6 for $250. Any advice?

jonham

His Audio 8 comes with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, btw.

Well, they should both be pretty much the same sound quality wise. The audio 8 has the advantage of an extra channel and the audio 6 has direct-thru, this allows the signal from the cdj/turntable to go through the soundcard to the mixer without being interupted, good for playing vinyl or cd's).
    If you wont use the direct-thru ability then you may be better just getting the audio 8, though I assume you won't get a warranty with that.

I believe you need to use the power supply for the Audio6 when using "Direct-Thru", where as the Audio8 runs solely of the USB power.

It's just something to consider, as you need to worry about one more thing you need to plug in.

Tech Guru

Audio 6 owners were having issues w/ the sound distorting badly if they werent plugged in. Might have to be plugged in at all times

no issues here. i have the adaptor but hardly ever use it.
    4 decks= audio 8
    3 decks= audio 6
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

jonham

I have another question. My friend says he'll just give me his online account access for Traktor Scratch. I don't think this will work, as I'm pretty sure he has to unregister the product for me to use it. I had a similar problem earlier this year when I purchased an S2 on eBay. I could be wrong. I'm also not sure if I'll still be eligible for Traktor upgrades once the serial code is transferred over to me. Can anyone clarify?

Tech Mentor

I have an audio 6, never had any problems and never had to plug it in, all USB powered

i've always had power issues with audio 6/8 from NI....had to buy a powered usb hub to handle program without dropouts...but i'm pretty sure it's b/c my laptops power stinks
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

The audio 6 does not need an external power source to support "direct-thru".

One of the things I've noticed though is that there seems to be some driver issues with it, I've had various issues with it on windows and multiple instances of OS X. Most of the time its totally fine, but it but very occasionally it will start distorting really badly. This is fixed by simply unplugging it and plugging it back in but obviously that isn't so good in a gig situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast