How to travel with your vci!?

Default How to travel with your vci!?

I'm going to denmark for a few weeks on monday. My cousin wants me to spin at a few of his parties he's going to have while im over there. Can i bring my vci on the plane or will they think its a bomb? Also what about the audio 4, sorry might sound stupid but ive never tried it. I dont wanna get to the airport and get tackled for busting out a arcade modded vci-100 lol

I guess if you keep it in the hand luggage with your laptop you can take it out to put it thru the detector... all that stuff. as long as you're not stashing it...

Slip it under your jacket and you will be all good
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Quote Originally Posted by BANGERS View Post
    or will they think its THA BOMB?

Where in denmark are u playing? might come by .
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Take it up into plane to your hand luggage (provided it's big enough) at customs you are asked to take out any big metal/electronic objects out for control - then they will treat it generaly like laptop (it's even the same size), and i do think you won't have to bother with Audio4, because it's too small for their priorities for smuggle check...
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

as easy as it is in theory..just had a friend (who posts from time to time on here, phormula) who went overseas with his vci-300, and this is what happened:

got from ATL->NYC fine, but in NYC (JFK), emirates airlines made him check the vci, which was put in his suitcase with all of his clothes.

when he got to hamburg, the bag didn't show. FOR 3 WEEKS. he showed up in their office every day demanding either compensation or his bag, and finally got it 2 days before he was to head back to the states. dude had no clothes and no gear for 3 weeks dude but when he got it back, everything was in tact and working.

on a side note, his sister also had a ps3 yanked from her bag by (most likely) the baggage handlers at JFK. just gone. iirc, JFK is also the airport that had baggage handlers that were moving pot/heroin from haiti through the airline. nice.

moral of the story: HOLD ONTO YOUR VCI AT ALL COSTS. make them pry it from your twitching taser-flailing body.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    make them pry it from your twitching taser-flailing body.
    haha nice one.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yup def take that stuff on as hand luggage !!!