Traktor 4 deck setup with Timecode and Numark Mixtrack help!

Default Traktor 4 deck setup with Timecode and Numark Mixtrack help!

Yo DJ!
    I'm rockin Traktor Scratch 2 with timecode, plus I have a Numark Mixtrack. I can set up and play two decks with either just fine. What I would like to do now is have four deck control with timecode on two decks and the Mixtrack on the others. Is this even possible? Has anyone ever tried this?

i don't see a problem with this setup. I have 2 TT's and my VCI-100 for looping and backup-control for Decks A and B. Mapping this to Decks C and D would be a no-brainer.

Are you mixing internally or externally? if internally you need 4 Volume faders, which might be a problem on your Mixtrack.

Just give it a try!

Thanks, I'll try some different options.

Tech Mentor

What are you using to control the timecode? Turntables or CDJs? The mixtrack only has 2 sets outputs. You need an audio 10 to get 4 deck control and an external mixer. Traktor would have to be in external. You could use the mixtrack for midi control to control any of the decks really but for your sound source you will defintely need an external soundcard.

I'm using timecode vinyl and have an Audio 8 soundcard. My Mixtrack is just the regular one. NOT the Mixtrack Pro. I'm also using a four channel mixer.

Tech Mentor

Oh ok then you are fine, the mixtrack will be able to control the other decks. You will just have to change the midi mapping of the mixtrack to control decks C & D instead of decks A & B.
    Last edited by dj matt blaze; 12-09-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks you both! I now have the Mixtrack controlling decks C and D and the output is routed from the Audio 8 into the spare channels on the mixer. So now it frees up the entire mixer section of the Mixtrack for other functions! Stoked! For anyone else who is as confused as I was about mapping a controller, I simply went to the controller manager after running the setup wizard. There under Assignment Table is the Assignment column. Change every Deck A to a C and B to a D by using the Assignment button under Mapping Details. Now your two deck controller is flipped to C and D.