Traktor the best dj software out right now?
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor the best dj software out right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR9-u...e=channel_page
    After watching a few videos on the NI you tube channel perticularly the interview i posted above of Pete Tong i got to wondering... Is Traktor Pro the best Dj software out right now?
    I'm thinking along the lines of Electronic Dance Music djing not scratching cause i don't scratch and i don't want this to be a debate about best time coded vynl. I'm thinking as far as effects, sound quality, ability to be creative, and just overall is Traktor pro the best dj software out their? For the reason's Pete Tong gives i think it is even over ableton live.

Just wanted to see what others thoughts were on this.
    vci-100 black

Tech Guru

I would have to say Traktor is the best overall value, and that doesn't matter whether you're a scratch DJ or a elecktro dj or whatever. I never was a serato user, but if you ask me Traktor has everything serato has and then some (of course besides a dedicated sampler!) You can't beat the built in Fx and you can't beat the support that DJTT gives us for Traktor.

Traktor's got my vote. Its all gone Pete Tong!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

1) it's spelled vinyl

2) I like TSP.

3) But there's more people who like SSL

4) Because it's absolutely un-questionably rock solid.

5) And the root of djing is mixing from one record to another... no need for fancy fx and other toys. Just playing music. SSL does this really well, and because it doesn't do anything fancy, people like it.

Tech Guru

so fucking cool to finally hear big names like tong, cox, hawtin etc etc. showing their love for traktor. It was such an under-rated djing tool up until recently, now it's finally getting the credit it deserves!

It's nice to be able to drop a name like Pete Tong when the vinyl aficionados come around givin you a hard time for being a software DJ.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 07-27-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Yep, and they're not using it because they are getting paid; they are using it because it is the dogs bollocks! except when TSP 1.1 crashed on digweed in malaysia but thats another story
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

well in my experience.. I have used traktor which i have right now.. TSP.. Serato got the sl3 haven't ventured into it that much.. haven't had time.. haha.. but solid.. have torq as well.. another great program.. solid too.. don't believe the hype on the torq forums... where they talk smack about it.. cuz that's in every single forum... it just falls to what u feel comfortable playing with.. there's no best of the best.. though the vinyl on serato and tsp are straight TIGHT!!! torq still does have a lil bit of sticker drift hopefully they do make new vinyls and step up the program a lil more.... but like in any dvs there's always updates .. so expect couple of lags here and there.. I ain't no big shot in the dj buss.. but after testing all these programs each has its pro's and con's..

test em out then do your verdict to see which one u like..

though I haven't used traktor in a while cuz it's been crashing on me.. gotta wait on the update to see how it runs.... great program though one of my first ones
    Last edited by SS714SS; 07-27-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Yep, and they're not using it because they are getting paid; they are using it because it is the dogs bollocks! except when TSP 1.1 crashed on digweed in malaysia but thats another story
    Video?
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO