DJ Tech iMix midi mapping for Virtual DJ

Exclamation DJ Tech iMix midi mapping for Virtual DJ

Congrats,

If you found this thread, you hit the jackpot. The link below is for a working midi mapping of the DJ Tech iMix for use with Virtual DJ. No one seems to have a clue how to program the jog wheels but persistence pays off as I figured it out (yes, it's on the midi map below).

I did NOT assign all the buttons, I have no use for loops, effects, momentary pitch bend, track search seems useless with the working jog wheels and I made some changes to suit my needs, but the basics are all set up for you.

You will notice that the LED lights will NOT light up on the iMix. Until Virtual DJ decides to support LED lights or create their own working mapping for it, the lights will not work.

I just got the iMix today and so far, I have to say it's a rock solid controller for the price. Very fast, well built, accurate and a nice design. Who cares if it's plastic? I've had nothing but bad luck with metal cases, especially in the winter with ESD.

I also owned a Behringer BCD3000 for about a month until some tard spilled beer in it when I wasn't looking. That unit was NOT accurate, built crappy and the included a sound interface kept crashing. GARBAGE! I replaced that with a M Audio X-Session Pro as I needed a quick and cheap unit to keep working. Not bad and if you're just starting out, It's an inexpensive starting point that gets the job done. I'll be hanging on to it as backup in case I run into that tard again.

Of the three units, the iMix is superior in quality and accuracy. I don't do clubs these days, but if I did, I'd have upgraded to the iMix Reload that has touch sensitive jog dials. Other than that, I think it's a nice unit for the price and I wish you all good luck in your DJ ventures!

Here's the link:
    http://www.thedjguy.info/iMixVDJmidimap.zip

Tech Convert

Hey dude.. Thanks for sharing them here. I find it useful as I tried to be a virtual dj a couple of months back. Will get this files to my desktop now.

hello im new to virtual dj been using traktor but ive got an extra unused dj tech imix controller which i wanna use for virtual dj to mix videos together anyways im wondering how do i upload the xml file into virtual dj so that i vcan use my djtech imix controller?

Tech Student

Me, the jog wheels don't work ...
    is it normal?

Tech Guru

please post the version of Virtual DJ that works with your mapping, so the people will know how it works.
    thanks for sharing

It doesn't work in my virtual dj

the mapping propably doesnt work because the version it was written for is almost a year old. My guess is that its for v5. But since 6.0.0 VDJ has a new mapping engine. Its easy as hell to map a controller to vdj if its not natively supported. But the whole imix family definitely is. Just try out the new demo from atomix, plug in the imix and your good to go.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    the mapping propably doesnt work because the version it was written for is almost a year old. My guess is that its for v5. But since 6.0.0 VDJ has a new mapping engine. Its easy as hell to map a controller to vdj if its not natively supported. But the whole imix family definitely is. Just try out the new demo from atomix, plug in the imix and your good to go.
    actually 5 was really simple to map the jogwheels on. it is 6 and its new mapping engine that wouldn't work... whatever the issue was it was fixed in vdj 7. i suggest that anyone who wants full functionality upgrades to 7. leds work and all.

i also have heard that 7 natively supports HID devices... i havent however had the chance to try this yet... possibly something for ean to test?

Tech Student

hi, i bought dj-tech i-mix mkii and y have virtual dj 7.0.2. can anyone helpme with the mapping ?
    i conected the console but the soft dont recognize it.
    before i use hercules console and worked fine

thanks and sorry for my english
    s