XY pad on mixers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XY pad on mixers?

Has this been done before?

Would be nice to see Pioneer/A&H come up with a decent XY pad on common club mixers ( e.g DJM900) to control any 2 assignable parameters, which can be set to release when you take your finger off.

I think most of you will know what I mean.. Sometimes it feels like you need another pair of hands to control multiple knobs/faders, especially when building to a drop.

I say this because I'll often use fx such as echo/filter as a track is in a breakdown and moving towards a drop.. and at the same time as the track drops I need to hit play on the next track.. BUT you need to turn 2 knobs back down (e.g echo & filter)... Shit I've run out of hands...

Korg have mixer with a kaoss pad built in.

They 're pretty awesome I think.

Korg KM series

Also, why does the pad need to built in ? Multiple modular MIDI or analog XY pads available for controlling effects.

Tech Mentor

new djm2000 nexus has a new FX page with the kaoss pad.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Korg have mixer with a kaoss pad built in.

They 're pretty awesome I think.

Korg KM series

Also, why does the pad need to built in ? Multiple modular MIDI or analog XY pads available for controlling effects.
    Why not have it built in? The effects are already there generated by the mixer I'd just like to see a more flexible way to control them.. I don't want to be going in behind mixers, setting up additional gear and using send/returns..

Also, never seen or played on a Korg mixer in a club installation.. I'm sure it's a cool mixer but I'm talking about the common club installed mixers, mainly pioneer.

Tech Mentor

@ 13:00 shows the xy feature.

sick new mixer!

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHawk View Post
    new djm2000 nexus has a new FX page with the kaoss pad.
    Just checked this out. From what I can see it's a MIDI XY pad which is assignable to things on a laptop. Unless there's a way to route this to control internal fx.

Tech Mentor

check the vid out. its part synth part fx. it kinda uses samples i guess to layer over the xy when manipulated.

that setup is all just cdjs and mixer.

Still not quite what I was talking about.. But close.. Kind of. Completely agree it's a cool mixer..

Tech Convert

I have a DJM 2000 and have mine mapped to control my FX's in Traktor wet/Dry and the Parameter, Letting go turns it off.

Quote Originally Posted by liljustin View Post
    I have a DJM 2000 and have mine mapped to control my FX's in Traktor wet/Dry and the Parameter, Letting go turns it off.
    That's cool but really not what I was talking about, still means connecting additional hardware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast