Looking for some feedback

Default Looking for some feedback

I started djing 3 months ago, but ive been very busy with school, i have somewhere around 40-50 hourse of expirience, ive played in a couple of larger house parties and in a club once, and i would like some feedback, ill upload a continous mix or set later on for feedback on more traditional focused djing too. Thanks

Pitched vocals sound very off. You might've been going for that, but it just sounds weird.. 2:40 kind of a lot of going on at the same time. 3:09 clashing vocals are unpleasant. Filtering could be done a bit more cleanly too. With all that said, just practice more, good sir! Cheers.

yeah i have no idea what happened to the vocals, i didnt even touch the pitchfaders, thanks for the feedback

First song.. what happened to it..? I feel you should take a re listen at the songs your mixing in.

Not bad good song selection. here are a few things

1. turn pitch lock on and set it to 0 that way it isn't sounding weird and when you nudge to beatmatch you can't hear it if the pitch lock is on. regrid your accapella to a metronome and match the bpm

2. your train wrecking off the bat and through the song just set a cue point for your accapella and practice pressing play in time you shouldnt have to adjust if your bpm is correct and matching

3. at 2:40 turn your mid down on the main track until the drop and turn it back up it's clashing. same at 3:09

4. learn to properly eq and use it. your mixing edm style and barely eqing

5. set your crossfader in the middle don't use any effects or filters just use the upfaders and eq to make ur transitions and cuts. effects and filters are for later

1. the pitch lock was on i was also surprised when i realized it sounded off pitch
    2. by train wrecking you mean off time right?
    3. so that the vocals have more space to breathe in the mix right?
    4. noted
    5. i think the crossfader was off, like you could move it but it would have no impact on the volumes.

here is a mix i recorder yesterday, its more of a set rather than a mashup, and i would like some feedback on it if possible, thanks

Sounds good, man, around 13 mins there is some volume fiddling, same with around 14:50, some looping personally sounded overextended.
    Otherwise it was a clean mix and though typically not my style of music, I liked the flow and some tracks you got going.

Tech Wizard

In response to your original video:

There's too much clashing going on between the 2 tracks, I personally wouldn't mash them up. According to beatport, Tiesto's "How I Used to Know" is in the key of Dm and "Spaceman" is in D#m; the tracks just don't sound good together. You can hear all the clashing going on between the 2:33-3:00 marks, right? As the DJ, you have to be able to hear that and know it isn't working. I sometimes find it dangerous to mash a vocal track of one song with the lead of another song, especially if the songs aren't in the same key or relative key, as it opens the door to too many possibilities of clashing. Your pitch really has to be spot-on in order to make it work.