On the BeastMaster, I noticed that...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default On the BeastMaster, I noticed that...

...when I use it to mash beats (bash meats) and place it exactly on the grid, on a kick, repeating that beat doesn't give the same thump to the kick as it would if I played the song? It's as if there's a small attack envelope around the beatmasher...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You need to make sure you're hitting it right on, or else it'll sound softer.

Also, Make sure your D/W is at 100%, I set my ROT at 0, and my gate around 1 o'clock. That usually gives me a good thump/
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

You dont have to hit it on time- its tempo synced.

You do have to make sure that your beatgrids are setup perfectly though !!! Traktor has this bad habbit of putting the grids right on the top of the kick so you lose the attack of the kick. First thing i do with any autogrid is move it backwards a tad because it always is placed just after the attack of the kick

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You dont have to hit it on time- its tempo synced.

You do have to make sure that your beatgrids are setup perfectly though !!! Traktor has this bad habbit of putting the grids right on the top of the kick so you lose the attack of the kick. First thing i do with any autogrid is move it backwards a tad because it always is placed just after the attack of the kick
    True that. I adjust my grid nearly every time.

Are you sure the beat masher grabs from the grid? I thought it might only grab from the grid when you play with snap mode on.

yeh, i agree with the grid moving jive... it can really sound naff if you don't do that!

also, are you using it in advanced or chained mode? because in chained mode it does what it says on the tin, but advanced mode if you're not totally cracked with what the diff parameters do, then you might find you have problems such as you report...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The effect isn't quantized, though. So if you're using a length less than 1/4 it could throw off the kick drum. If you "grab" the sample off the beat, by, say, a 1/16th beat, and you shrink the effect to 1/8 or 1/16 it won't sound as powerful, and might completely miss the kick drum.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yeah.. now i think about it, when i started using it i couldn't get it on the beat properly. Practice makes perfect

but hey, it's not as hard as feedback looping on an EFX 1000 - now that does sound crap if you can't get it perfectly on the beat!

Tech Guru

do you guys set your gridmarkers to the snare or bass drum?

Tech Wizard

Line the grid up with the very start or the bass kick.

Tech Guru

ahh. ya i was watching a tutorial on beatgridding by Ean and he was setting his to snare? so I'm a little confused. I just started beatgridding my tracks recently so kinda new to doing it properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast