External Sound Cards?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default External Sound Cards?

Does anyone know of some good External Sound Cards that I could get? I need one as I am using a laptop and it has one internal soundcard that I use for a monitor but I guess I will need another one to play the master sound.

Tech Mentor

How much do you want to spend?

Thought someone would ask that...

Well, give me suggestions on different price ranges so I can decide how much I want to spend?

Ni Audio 2/4/6/8/10
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

I have an M-Audio FastTrackPro and it fully serves all my needs. Was about $170

Tech Mentor

I have a Saffire Pro 14 its shit hot. Doubles as a studio card. 4in 6out. You can plug guitars and mics into it without needing extra preamps/di boxes. Plus its firewire so it frees up a usb port. £170.

If you're just looking for a basic soundcard for monitoring and main output (1 output for your headphones, 1 output to run to speakers/mixer/whatever) then you can't beat the NI Audio 2. For the price it sounds great, plus you get a full copy of traktor pro 2 with it!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

I went with the NI Audio 2 and it seems to work great for the price. I believe I paid just south of $100.
    Lenovo T400, Ableton Live 8, Axiom 25, APC40, Auido 2, KRK Rokit 6, Pioneer HJD1500 and a wish list spanning coast to coast.

I use Apogee stuff in the studio - the duet is really nice if you don't need a ton of I/O. <$600

The Z2 has an internal soundcard and two outs for headphones, as well as outs for master and booth and ins for two tables and a mic. It comes with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and timecode vinyls/CDs <$800

Tech Guru

Cheap: Behringer UCA-222 (there are several variants of this card with slightly different model numbers). This is NOT gig worthy...but will get you working at home with a second output. Mine has stereo out and stereo in. The card has RCA jacks...and a 1/8" headphone jack with volume control as a "monitor" of the output line. I paid about $20. I use this to listen to stuff on youtube while I work at the day job.

Best Value: NI Audio 2. $100-ish. Comes with a full version of Traktor. GREAT card. Small, well build, loud, two 1/4" stereo outs (no inputs). Volume control on each output. This card is gig worthy. I used this card at small to medium (50 to 500) club gigs for several years. It lived in a gig bag, and survived three years of "normal road wear & tear" without any ill effects.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast