Running plugins in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Running plugins in Traktor

I'd like to see Traktor have the ability to host plugins, without having to route audio internally through a DAW, with the ability to assign midi control to certain parameters in the plugins.

Just a thought.

You, me and most, if not all of the traktor users here. Vsts would be rad! That's the one thing I miss about using vdj.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

need this feature, maybe in Traktor 3...

You can always route Traktor into Ableton, thats the way i use it!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrAybar View Post
    You can always route Traktor into Ableton, thats the way i use it!!!!!!
    yeah and just spend another 350$ for it when it could be done for free, sure...

Check this tutorial by armyofme
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

It's a stability thing. If you allow users to use VSTs, you give them the ability to royally screw up their setup if they're not careful. A dodgy VST can crash traktor and then NI is inundated with complaints totally unrelated to their software.

It would be really cool if you could use VSTs in traktor, but I think NI would worry that enough people would misuse it and complain, denting NI's reputation for stability.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    It's a stability thing. If you allow users to use VSTs, you give them the ability to royally screw up their setup if they're not careful. A dodgy VST can crash traktor and then NI is inundated with complaints totally unrelated to their software.

It would be really cool if you could use VSTs in traktor, but I think NI would worry that enough people would misuse it and complain, denting NI's reputation for stability.
    they should create and or certifiy other VSTs so the stability would be a moot point

Tech Guru

Try out this solution...
    Free Host for VST + traktor:
    http://digitaldjtools.net/tools/stompy/

What is Stompy?

Stompy is a free VST host for Mac which allows you load either a VST Effect or a VST Instrument. It has four audio inputs so that you can route any of Traktor’s decks to your VST effect. The parameters of the effect can all be mapped quickly and easily to any hardware MIDI controller and the BPM of the effect is synced to Traktor’s BPM. Stompy can also host VST Instruments which can be routed through, and BPM-synced to, Traktor. You can then use Traktor’s in-built effects to further modify the sound.

Although designed to work with Traktor, you can still use Stompy as a standalone VST host.

Features:

- Apply VST effects to Mic input, Line in or to any software that allows you to choose an audio out device
    - Add VST effects to any or all of Traktor’s decks (Soundflower required)
    - Syncs to MIDI Clock & Traktor’s BPM for delay / glitch / time-based FX
    - Instantly map VST parameters to any MIDI controller
    - Store your favourite controllers / VST parameters as presets
    - Route VST instruments through Traktor’s live input and sync these to Traktor’s BPM
    - TouchOSC and Lemur layouts included so you can control your VST with your iPad

It's not rocket science to host plug-ins in another process, Logic does this already in 32-bit mode and Bitwig supposedly has this feature (Live does not which is bizarre as Live is a live instrument.) Anyway, with this in place the plug-ins could crash and it does not matter.

I wish I could hook PSP VintageWarmer into Traktor's output chain without all kinds of Soundflower/JackOS hacks...
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast