xone 42 vs x1600

Default xone 42 vs x1600

i know this has been discussed a bit in the past but i didn't want to resurrect old threads from the grave. i'm soon to be in the market for a mixer so i can have a more modular setup. the allen & heath xone 42 and denon x1600 are at the top of my short list at my desired price point. unfortunately, i am unable to test either of these as they aren't around locally. let me share my current gear and let me know what you think.

-traktor scratch pro 2.5
    -audio 8
    -2x x1
    -2x technics 1200 mk3d
    -2x cdjs (1 cdj100 and 1 cdj200)
    -maschine mk1 (which i may or may not add to my djing at some point)
    -hp dv6 i5 running windows 7 64 bit

i'm currently leaning towards the 42 because i like the look, simple layout, i already have the audio 8, you can add an external effects unit, the filters are supposed to be amazing, and it's slightly cheaper since i can get it for about $730 brand new. i can get the denon for $800 brand new.

the x1600 would be cool if i ever wanted to play with vinyl or cds outside of software because of the built in effects, but that is something i would do very rarely. i'd be more prone to just use control vinyl if i wanted the old school feeling. the midi layer seems ok to me, but with 2 x1s i question how much i would really use it. also, in part because i don't want to rely on specific mixer functions that i will not find in a venue i may gig at. i've seen various mixers in a few places i want to play (djm 700 and some kind of rane mixer). in those cases, i would be bringing my audio 8 with x1s and just use the basic functions of the mixer to play, or i may bring my vci400 ege.

i do have a question about the x1600 soundcard though. would i be able to route the 4 traktor decks into individual tracks in ableton to record my sets? i'm having a hard time finding this out. i don't think i really need ableton to be synced to traktor, i just want the songs to record into ableton the way i play them. is that possible without having to use software like jack?

if i went with the xone and the audio 8 would i be able to use something like jack to accomplish this as well? it's not too big of a deal, but it would be nice to have extra control to fix any minor errors in my live sessions. then i could stop letting the little things keep me from posting an otherwise solid mixing session.

sorry this is a bit long winded, but i'm trying to be as detailed as possible to get the best responses. thanks all!
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

I would go with the Xone, only because you already have an audio 8 and have answered your own question already, just needed some positive affirmation
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I would go with the Xone, only because you already have an audio 8 and have answered your own question already, just needed some positive affirmation
    i love positive affirmation, but i just wanted to see if there was something i may be missing with the x1600.

since you own one, do you know if it's possible to do the ableton routing i was asking about? can you have each of traktor's decks record into it's own ableton track without using something like jack?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Well you can set the routings out however you like so i would say so? not an ableton expert so that may need to be confirmed. It is one badass beast of a mixer but i bet the '42 is as well
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "