Need help with my pioneer CDJ 800 MK2

Default Need help with my pioneer CDJ 800 MK2

i have serato & virtual dj, and i want to connect my laptop to my CDJ's so i can use the songs straight off my laptop instead of using cd's. i have looked around around on forums and people have said use a USB but it dosent have a port for it. any suggestions where i can buy a cable/connector?

You need timecode CDs and an audio interface for the 800s, they don't have USB midi. You say you have serato, do you mean you have a serato audio interface and timecode vinyl/CDs or you've just downloaded it of their website?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

yes i downloaded serato from there website, im new to it so i dont really know much with it atm. i have always used the normal method with cds & vinyls

with serato you need to buy a rane audio interface (SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4) or a mixer with a built in interface (TTM57, rane 61, rane 62, rane 68) and use the timecode CDs mentioned by FEP.

I suggest you read this article: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/01/2...ton-vs-serato/

Take time making your decision on software, it's the centre of a digital setup so will affect anything you choose to buy in future. Both Serato and Traktor have their pros and cons depending on what you need.

These videos are quite old, but they explain what you need for a Traktor or Serato DVS (digital vinyl system) setup:

It's the same whether you use turntables or CDs.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES