Imageline DeckDance

Default Imageline DeckDance

Has any one ever used this software? Its actually pretty nicely done for their first dj program. Similar to traktor in layout but is has some unique things like a sampler and a different type of beat masher.
    Just curious cause i have never seen anyone talk about it before.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Mentor

Deckadance*

sampler isn't unique (virtualDJ has it) but the effects x/y pad is cool and also the beat masher is awesome.

I used this quite a lot before you had to pay for it and before i got my xp10s. I loved it a lot except the key locking wasn't great and i don't think it has been improved that much since.

Have been following it for a while now and keeping a close eye on it. Been contemplating buying it for a while.

From the company that makes Fruity Loops so VERY promising. The development was slowed down a little bit because the major programmer died a couple of years ago (rip ARGU).

Most interesting feature is its ability to be run as a VST plugin!

edit: just went to the forums, they have made it so only Image-Line customers can see the whole posts and post
    Last edited by obsidiance; 07-23-2008 at 11:39 PM.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

definitely promising, I like it a lot more than virtual dj but it's no traktor

Still need to look into this one. Can be a smarter alternative in the "smart mixer"- setups.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Smart mixing deckadance is dead easy. I'm a big fan of image lines software including deckadance but the problem is deckadance is SEVERELY lacking in assignable midi messages so its a no go for me at the moment Deckadance is still fresh to the market and is still playing catch up with the big boys - but its future is looking bright so i continue to try to keep up to date. This is pretty much why i started the routing my audio from Traktor to Ableton in the first place, as i was unhappy with Deckadances midi functionality.

I played with the demo of this a lot about 1/2 a year ago. There were lots of problems with it, only one controller, key lock, tempo would get off I using timecode vinyl. But last I checked they have fixed a lot of this. I think I am to comfortable with traktor to move over.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.