External Mixers and Traktor (Xone 42) ?
    Tech Mentor

Default External Mixers and Traktor (Xone 42) ?

How would it work with Traktor Pro 2, In how what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying an analogue mixer and only using with Traktor Pro 2. What do you find you get and what you do not get from it using it this way?

Had thoughts of using this mixer with an X1.

Does the USB port on it send Midi to the software to control from your mixer what happens on screen?

It needs external Sound card Im sure, but which one of the Native Instruments range would suit me? Ill just be playing from MP3s in Traktor not a CD or TT's.

See Ive been getting very confused on how External mixers work with Traktor

i've been looking into that mixer and the usb port is 1.1 and from what i understand only allows you to either a). play a source of audio from your computer into the mic/usb channel, or b). can be used as a way to record your sets through usb. the usb port does not send midi as this mixer has no midi controls.

you would have to get an external soundcard with at least 4 outs in order to use all 4 channels on the mixer. basically the sound card sends each deck from traktor into it's own channel on the mixer giving you external control.

if i were you, i would probably look at something like the denon x1600 since you don't have a sound card. it's only slightly more expensive than the xone42, but you would save money since you wouldn't have to buy a soundcard...and it's a traktor certified mixer that has midi controls.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Yep. DNX1600 and one (or two) X1's is a fantastic setup.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Thanks lads for the replys

Yeah I was looking at getting one first time round second hand but alas no one has any for sale in Ireland on the ad sites

Yes two X1 setup looks like you could pull off some deadly stuff

Tech Wizard

I just picked up an xone 92 with two x1's. As you've said, I'm using the Audio 10 sound card. So far absolutely loving the set up, and I don't personally feel like there is anything missing... Whatever you choose to get I'm sure you will be happy with!

Tech Mentor

Lucky lucky, I was going to go for the 92 first but then decided on the 42, did you pick yours up second hand ?