Setting Up in a Booth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Setting Up in a Booth

Sorry if this has been covered, I am really busy and have been thinking about this question all day. So I thought I would post it here for an answer.

Most of the clubs in my area have Serato Installed, either a box or a TTM-57SL.

How hard would it be to set up an S4 with the Serato Box or with the TTM-57SL?

Are there any issues, since it is Native Instruments equipment working together with Serato/Rane? (Kind of like running Apple programs on Windows lol)

Thanks all, have a good week!

Tech Guru

Don't touch the serato box. Forget about anything to do with serato

Unplug a channel input on the mixer and plug in hte master out from your S4.

Also if you are using a controller in a club make sure you get there early so you have heaps of time to set up.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Mentor

The venues in your area have serato boxes installed? That's pretty cool. In the northeast most clubs have a pair of 2000's and a 900 nexus, and a pair of 1200's if you're lucky.

Most clubs have 2000's and a 900 nexus? Hate you all!

In the UK a lot of venues have at least CDJ 800's and a mixer with usually 2 or 3 of the sliders missing.

If you find a venue with anything above a CDJ 900 you tend to cream yourself.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    Most clubs have 2000's and a 900 nexus? Hate you all!

In the UK a lot of venues have at least CDJ 800's and a mixer with usually 2 or 3 of the sliders missing.

If you find a venue with anything above a CDJ 900 you tend to cream yourself.
    where the hell are u playing? the minimum here are CDJ1000mk3s, theres a few have CDJ2000s though, not many clubs have the DJM900, theyre either rocking the 800 still, or worse, the 600.

mind you the worst place i played had a pair of cdj200s and a xone 32
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Don't touch the serato box. Forget about anything to do with serato

Unplug a channel input on the mixer and plug in hte master out from your S4.
    yeap and get a stand for your s4 and laptop for the laptop i suggest the stanton uberstand and get a s4 controller stand that will fit in the booth probably on top of a cdj or a turntable it's tight in there.... get there early put your rca in the mixer and know how to turn off the effects on the mixer just in case.

most professional clubs in L.A. there is a Serato SL4 and some sort of pioneer mixer and your choice of 1200's or cdj you just gotta let the sound engineer know when you get there so he can figure out how to set it up for your with the other Dj's preferences. In lounges and bars all you usually get is a 8 channel mixing board connected to the house PA.

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    where the hell are u playing? the minimum here are CDJ1000mk3s, theres a few have CDJ2000s though, not many clubs have the DJM900, theyre either rocking the 800 still, or worse, the 600.

mind you the worst place i played had a pair of cdj200s and a xone 32
    It's slowly sorting itself out now.

The standard is CDJ 1000 MK3. But until a few months ago, the club I work still had CDJ 800's and an A&H XOne 62 which was a tad bit temperamental..
    Now they've got CDJ 850's and a DJM 700. Hence my obsession with HID support from Traktor and the 850's.

I played at a place in Manchester that had 1 CDJ and an archaic mixer with platters built in.. It was a disgrace, brought my own gear in the end and charged them for it.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    yeap and get a stand for your s4 and laptop for the laptop i suggest the stanton uberstand and get a s4 controller stand that will fit in the booth probably on top of a cdj or a turntable it's tight in there.... get there early put your rca in the mixer and know how to turn off the effects on the mixer just in case.

most professional clubs in L.A. there is a Serato SL4 and some sort of pioneer mixer and your choice of 1200's or cdj you just gotta let the sound engineer know when you get there so he can figure out how to set it up for your with the other Dj's preferences. In lounges and bars all you usually get is a 8 channel mixing board connected to the house PA.
    I just played at Avalon and I'll confirm that they have pairs of CDJ-2000 Nexus and either a DJM800 or DJM900 Nexus available for the artists. They also provided Serato boxes but I saw some of the other DJs bring their own NI cards to play using Traktor.

I play on CDJs but the guy after my set was on Traktor. I played off Channels 1 & 4 and he hooked it up to Channels 2 & 3 right before the end of my set to transition over smoothly. Hope this helps a bit.....
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLinez View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered, I am really busy and have been thinking about this question all day. So I thought I would post it here for an answer.

Most of the clubs in my area have Serato Installed, either a box or a TTM-57SL.

How hard would it be to set up an S4 with the Serato Box or with the TTM-57SL?

Are there any issues, since it is Native Instruments equipment working together with Serato/Rane? (Kind of like running Apple programs on Windows lol)

Thanks all, have a good week!
    if its your first time at the venue and youre bringing in a controller, just go an hour before the first DJ starts and plug in and test it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast