Can someone help a rookie with a Traktor 2.6 problem?

Default Can someone help a rookie with a Traktor 2.6 problem?

I posted this in the NI forums and nothing yet hoping someone here can help me out......

I just started with Traktor after years on VDJ. I just installed Traktor 2.6 and once the program starts up the HD light stays on constantly not blinking but a solid light and it stays on even after I close Traktor until i reboot. It does not do this with any other program including VDJ. The load does not look excessive and Traktor seems to run normal just afraid that my HD is spinning all the time. Hoping someone can help me out I am real excited to know Traktor more...

Here are my Specs
    Win 7 32bit (Fresh Install)
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    2.00 GHZ
    3 gigs of Ram

Yes I know its a old laptop getting a new one sometime after the new year

Thanks in advance.....
    Last edited by renegaderadio; 12-12-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderadio View Post
    I posted this in the NI forums and nothing yet hoping someone here can help me out......

I just started with Traktor after years on VDJ. I just installed Traktor 2.6 and once the program starts up the HD light stays on constantly not blinking but a solid light and it stays on even after I close Traktor until i reboot. It does not do this with any other program including VDJ. The load does not look excessive and Traktor seems to run normal just afraid that my HD is spinning all the time. Hoping someone can help me out I am real excited to know Traktor more...

Here are my Specs
    Win 7 32bit (Fresh Install)
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    2.00 GHZ
    3 gigs of Ram

I have moved to SSD's but if your disk light is hard on then check your disk fragmentation isn't an issue and that you have sufficient paging space on disk.

Try to reference a music library on a different drive and see if that effects performance.

Yes I know its a old laptop getting a new one sometime after the new year

Thanks in advance.....
    I have moved to SSD's but if your disk light is hard on then check your disk fragmentation isn't an issue and that you have sufficient paging space on disk.

Try to reference a music library on a different drive and see if that effects performance.

Get into Task Manager > Performance > Resource Monitor > Disk > then sort the I/O READ or WRITE Columns and get a feel for where the action is.

Much luck.

If this is a fresh install - Then it might be Windows 7 doing it's indexing.

Try disabling super fetch and indexing temporarily to see if it stops.

Also make sure you have nothing like an Antivirus Scan runnning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghaggis View Post
    If this is a fresh install - Then it might be Windows 7 doing it's indexing.

Try disabling super fetch and indexing temporarily to see if it stops.

Also make sure you have nothing like an Antivirus Scan runnning etc.

Thanks guys I will try that and report back! Much appreciated!