Software for genre info in tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Software for genre info in tracks

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any software capable of adding the genre for songs based on existing information about the track (ie. name/artist)?

I was thinking of a software that could search for this info in pretty much the same way some software search for cover artwork for albums.

I have quite a lot of tunes which don't have a specified genre and now I am sorting them out in playlists. Having to listen to each of them is becoming quite tiresome.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Oh if there was an agreement what Tech House is compared with House and so on and so on.... There's really nothing out there, the best is to make your own genre definitions and change the metadata per track..
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by guigao View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any software capable of adding the genre for songs based on existing information about the track (ie. name/artist)?

I was thinking of a software that could search for this info in pretty much the same way some software search for cover artwork for albums.

Artists dont consistently make the same genre... LOL

Stop being lazy and learn your tracks!

having to listen to each of them is becoming quite tiresome.
    lol
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

If you bought your tracks they would be tagged with the right genre
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Run them through trainspotter, it will pull the info from beatport. That will give you a rough guide.

How about listening through and deciding for yourself
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Take it easy, guys!
    I admit it is a bit of laziness from my part but I am not a full-time DJ; my university course is my priority at the moment and I would prefer to spend my free time mixing instead of sorting out playlists and genres...

TuneUp Media Trial worked very well, I might buy it.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to install Trainspotter in my 64-bit Windows 7 but I will try more later.

Thanks for the replies!

Take it easy, guys!
    I admit it is a bit of laziness from my part but I am not a full-time DJ; my university course is my priority at the moment and I would prefer to spend my free time mixing instead of sorting out playlists and genres...

TuneUp Media Trial worked very well, I might buy it.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to install Trainspotter in my 64-bit Windows 7 but I will try more later.

Thanks for the replies!
    I'm going to sound like an old grump here, but I think it deserves it. So admirably you are furthering your academia. But at the same time you want everything done for you automatically with music genre selection.
    I know Digital djing has taken the original 'Crate diggin' aspect out of most shopping with Beatport etc.
    But seriously you want everything delivered on a plate. At least there is one aspect left of digital DJ'ing that stands true to the old skool, Your ears.
    If you cant find some time to listen to tracks and sort them into your own idea of genre well, I think your not in this for the love of music, seems as you just want to everything now without the time it takes to hone the craft of using your ears and knowing your tracks.
    And yes I have thousands of archived tracks and yes I spend time to apply 'Mixed in key' Listen in iTunes then place them into related playlists/folders in iTunes/Traktor etc manually, rinse and repeat. Yes it is laborious, but that is part of the job of a DJ.

P.S good luck with University.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast