Traktor S2 and Lack of Filters + Other Noob Questions

Default Traktor S2 and Lack of Filters + Other Noob Questions

Im a total beginner to Djing and Traktor s2 is going to be my first equipment purchase. I have three questions. The main one, I see that that it doesnt have filters control. Is there any work around with this, with mapping or in the software?

My second question is, I've looked a numerous video tutorials for the s2. Can anyone recomend a beginner tutorial for traktor software and mapping.

And last question, can anyone tell me what my next purchase should be. Because it doesn't have any inputs, have I hit a dead end? I would love to get the s4 some day, but for now I think this is more than I can handle.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Custom DJTT S2 mapping replaces gain knobs for filter adjust. However you could still use gain adjust with those same knobs via shift buttons.

If you want to filter up or down on the S2 , just hold the sync button on the selected deck and turn the gain knob! It is on the S2's default mapping.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    If you want to filter up or down on the S2 , just hold the sync button on the selected deck and turn the gain knob! It is on the S2's default mapping.
    Isn't it the Shift button? Either way, yep, it's the default S2 mapping.

I just mapped the highs for filters and access highs with shift + high. I also used the filter in the third slot of FX unit 1 and used that whenever I needed it.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1