Running traktor on a subpar laptop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Running traktor on a subpar laptop

Hello!
    I've been asked to do some gigs (my first ones) so I wont be able to use my desktop computer for djing like i usually do. I've been playing around with my subpar laptop and it just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Songs freeze all over the place and skip beats. However I noticed when I opened task manager that System Idle Process seems to be running even while I have 4 decks loaded in Traktor, and the CPU meter in the task manager is reading at 30%. However the traktor cpu meter is almost always in the red. What's going on here? and is it possible for me to use my laptop to dj?
    FYI: these are my laptop specs: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3554519
    And I'm using a traktor 2.6 with the kontrol s4
    I've also tried disabling explorer.exe, aero (with windows 7) and running this script: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/ In order to fix the problem
    Thank you for the help!

it should run no problem on that computer. What are your latency settings at? turn your wifi off as well.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Personally I'd downgrade to Traktor 2.5.1 to start with.

Traktor 2.6's load meter for me is half the capacity, when on 2.5.1 it's never higher than 10%.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    it should run no problem on that computer. What are your latency settings at? turn your wifi off as well.
    I set my process buffer at 1024 samples and my usb buffer is set at 4 ms. And I always make sure to turn Wifi off. I did notice in device manager that I have 2 device drivers missing...but I can't for the life of me find the drivers on the hp website. I think I may try to restore my computer to the factory windows vista install and try going from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SquireC View Post
    Personally I'd downgrade to Traktor 2.5.1 to start with.

Traktor 2.6's load meter for me is half the capacity, when on 2.5.1 it's never higher than 10%.
    I will try that! With traktor 2.5.1 I didn't have any issue with audio glitching but I also only ran traktor 2.5.1 with 2 decks and a kontrol s2.

increase your latency bit, maybe to 7 or 10 ms and see if that makes a difference. I found that playing around with the settings for a while will help you find that "sweet spot"
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    increase your latency bit, maybe to 7 or 10 ms and see if that makes a difference. I found that playing around with the settings for a while will help you find that "sweet spot"
    Are you talking about the USB buffer? The highest I can set it at is 4 ms.

Tech Convert

I have been using a S4 since it came out, with a laptop that barely makes the min sys requirment, and have the same issues you are having.

If you are doing a basic top40 show or baisc mixing (no remix decks) use a old version of Traktor before 2.5/2.6 I use a 2.0.* and it runs just fine, GREAT in fact.

I still use this laptop for my top40 gigs, but I did buy a new laptop for my electro gigs.

I run a Thinkpad X41 1,7 Centrino for traktor without a glich. I have about 17 ms latency in traktor. Which is fine for me.

I don't have 2.6 by the way.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Quote Originally Posted by DjDecanus View Post
    I have been using a S4 since it came out, with a laptop that barely makes the min sys requirment, and have the same issues you are having.

If you are doing a basic top40 show or baisc mixing (no remix decks) use a old version of Traktor before 2.5/2.6 I use a 2.0.* and it runs just fine, GREAT in fact.

I still use this laptop for my top40 gigs, but I did buy a new laptop for my electro gigs.
    I don't usually use remix decks but there are many cases where I play with 3 decks together. And I do play top fourty but only between electro pieces so there is some good transitioning that can be done from song to song.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast