DJ/Midi Club at my school...PLEASE HELP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default DJ/Midi Club at my school...PLEASE HELP!!!

I was thinking I could start a midi/dj club at my school.To do this I need to prove why it is useful, why is it educational,why should the school considere it and stuff like that.If you could help that would mean the world to me.Please tell me what should I do to convince them to make this dream come true.

Point out that DJing is a valued profession and there are whole schools set up (dubspot, point blank, etc) to push it forward.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Your school probably gives music lessons right? DJing gear is the instrument of the future.^^

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

In this video, Ean explains it all

DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Tech Wizard

thx alot guys!!!!!! probably gonna be doing this for august 2013 because to make a club you gotta go for a 1 year process or so...
    Ill queep uploading my process.....again thx a gazillion

The real reason is so that the school doesn't have to hire a DJ for dances

Tech Wizard

yeah...but the school has students who are djs.The thing is there really bad.There a couple of douchebags(sorry for the language moderator) who think just because they can hit play there djs. The only real thing they do is grab itunes and youtube and hit play. You guys should see them one time, it would make you laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    yeah...but the school has students who are djs.The thing is there really bad.There a couple of douchebags(sorry for the language moderator) who think just because they can hit play there djs. The only real thing they do is grab itunes and youtube and hit play. You guys should see them one time, it would make you laugh.
    Oh douchebag is fine, we don't mind a little mild swearing here until it gets excessive.

Not know the difference between there, their and they're, however, that's another matter...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Ive wanted to do the same at my school but being the vice president of the.. Prepare for the nerdiest thing ever... Harry Potter Club is enough club stuff for me.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Not knowing the difference between there, their and they're, however, that's another matter...
    We all make mistakes :P

Would the club be purely DJ focused? Would you be exploring production aspects as well? If I was to approach it from an educational perspective, I would look deeply into the construction of electronic music, and compare it to the composition for standard instruments.

For your standard composer, the texture of the instruments, vocal timbre etc are left to the performers. On the other hand, these decisions are made by the composers of Electronic Music (That is, their choice of VST's... every aspect of the sound is scrutinised and adjusted by the composer themselves).

You can look at the concept of the 'journey' many DJ's talk about. What the role of the DJ is and why they hold value over iTunes Shuffle.

What is your end goal for this club? What do you hope to achieve out of it. Would it be simple jam sessions? Or discussions on performing topics? Would you be looking at a Scratch oriented group?
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast