Hey Mods - Please Install Tapatalk? :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hey Mods - Please Install Tapatalk? :)

so, since my love of DJTT has grown, i've found myself wanting more and more a way to access the site other than being on my laptop. so, through searching i've found Tapatalk, an app you can get on the iphone that will let you access vBulletin forums natively.

www.tapatalk.com

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ghlight=iphone

only thing is, the forum owners need to install the plugin. before everyone freaks, here's the jist:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=206782&highlight=iphone
    - a plugin is needed to be installed at the server side that talks to your vBulletin system
    - the plugin reuses vBulletin security policy (i.e. it doesn't read the database directly)
    - the architecture minimize the bandwidth between iphone and your server so to save user's data-plan
    - the plugin sits in its own directory and does not overwrite or change any of your forum's file and configuration
    me (and all other iphone users) love you long time? it would definitely set the forums above many. and since we're all about digital here..i mean we gotta, right?

(app is $2.99USD, btw)

EDIT: just found out that it works on vBulletin 3.7 and 3.8. we currently have 3.6.8. i think that's close enough, but if we were to install this we might as well upgrade to vB 3.8 right? just an extra thought.
    Last edited by djhipnotikk; 07-29-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

sounds good to me +1
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Wizard

yeh do it! +1!

Tech Guru

First the forums needs to be updated to run the latest version of vB. However the next update will be to 3.8.x and this mod is not yet compatible with 3.8.x it seems. Aside from that, it seems like a good idea to support whatever way people want to access the forums.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    First the forums needs to be updated to run the latest version of vB. However the next update will be to 3.8.x and this mod is not yet compatible with 3.8.x it seems. Aside from that, it seems like a good idea to support whatever way people want to access the forums.
    Yeah i agree we will look into this when we make the forum update

Tech Wizard

Can you also have a look at the RSS feed? Currently it only shows the first post of each thread, personally I think it would be more useful if it also showed every reply - like the Apple Discussions RSS'. Just a thought while you're at it. Thanks!

Why update?

I was able to browse it on my windows mobile?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Seems like I have full functionality on my Pre as well (posting from it now).

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Why update?

I assume this plugin adds an API that enables a more streamlined interface to be implemented. So you do not need to work with the standard interface which is optimized for larger high res devices, but instead get something optimized for a small screen like the iPhone. Maybe it also supports offline reading/writing sync whatever not ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Why update?

on the iphone, there are issues with logging in, i tried to post on here through the web browser but would always get logged out when going to the next page..some issue with cookies i suppose. this provides a native interface.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast