Traktor .bak files
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor .bak files

Hy pals, i was checking on my music folders and i can see a lot of .bak files, for example:

David Guetta - Sexy Bitch.mp3.bak

And it size is the same than the original file, so i don't know why is it there?

Can i delete them or what are them?

Thanks and best regards!

.bak files are usually backup files created by a program when needed to modify the original.
    I don't think they are anything to do with Traktor - probably a different program - you should be able to delete them and still open the original. Try one.

edit:
    Traktor probably does create a backup file when analysing / writing tags - if so it should delete it after it's modified the original, so may be a Traktor problem, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Nicky H; 12-15-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    .bak files are usually backup files created by a program when needed to modify the original.
    I don't think they are anything to do with Traktor - probably a different program - you should be able to delete them and still open the original. Try one.

edit:
    Traktor probably does create a backup file when analysing / writing tags - if so it should delete it after it's modified the original, so may be a Traktor problem, but I doubt it.

Thanks pal, i think that it could happen because my collection has broken a few times and i didn't let traktor analyze all files before closing it (because i have 60gb of music), and so the files couldn't be deleted...