Djing headphones?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Djing headphones?

I have a 200 budget and want to take advantage of christmas deals, and i have a numark ns6 and normally play in larger (200+) private events or clubs, i dj with a friends bose headphones but im not a big fan, right now im looking at

pioneer hdj1000
    pioneer hdj1500
    pioineer hdj2000
    Technics RP-DH1200
    Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2
    Hercules 4780581 HDP DJ-Pro M1001
    Reloop RHP-20 RHP-20

as far as i know the ATs the Rhp20s and the pioneer have the widest frequency responses, i have no specific preference i like them all, i also intend to use them for normal use and a little bit of producing, but i already have studio monitors, thanks

Tech Mentor

You have listed a lot of headphones there, and none of the 3 I would recommend.

I would be looking at:

Aiaiai TMA-1 - Lovely, small, classy set. Great sounding.
    Sennheiser HD 25 II - Brilliant. Many, many recommendations for these. Small, Lightweight, and super durable.
    Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53 - A beast. Probably more compareable to the HDJ 1500/2000 than the others. Great sounding, and very sturdy.

I have both of the latter 2, but would have had the TMA-1's had they been in stock, anywhere, when I was in the market.

Out of the list you have, I'd probably go for the Audio-Technica's, but I would pick up either of the ones I have listed without hesitation.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

may i ask why? i checked out the ones you suggested and im not a big fan of the design of the first 2, looks are very important, for some reason people here pay lots of attention to how "cool" your headphones are and associate your level with the headphones, its dumb but it works, thats why i sometimes mix with beats even though i hate them just for marketing purposes, and the ones you suggested look rather i dont know, simplistic? why wouldnt you recommend the ones ive chose?

Tech Mentor

My opinions are based on personal experience, and that was only gained through thorough research before purchase.

I personally bought my headphones based on sound quality and robustness, with a lot of personal recommendation thrown in for good measure.

My decision was not based on the look of the headphones. If that's the important to you, and the image they portray, then get the Pioneers, or some Beats. I based my purchases on performance. And thus my recommendations are also based on performance.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

jonham

I've gone through about 6-7 headphones, and I can definitely say you will not find a better pair than the Sennheiser HD25 1-II. They're perfect.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jonham View Post
    I've gone through about 6-7 headphones, and I can definitely say you will not find a better pair than the Sennheiser HD25 1-II. They're perfect.
    +1

There's a reason most touring DJ's are using them, and have for years. I've had mine for 6 years and they still work and look like new.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

I have posted in a ton of threads about it, so you can find a bit more detailed feedback in one of those, but i'd take the HDJ-2000's any day of the week. Hands down.

I love my HDJ 2000's best headphones I have ever bought. They look really good as well.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by jonham View Post
    +1

Never had a problem with mine. They are the best DJ'ing headphones in my opinion.

Every single part is replaceable via Sennheiser spares.

Had mine 4 years and only ever had to replace one piece which was the cable because some fat bitch fell over into the DJ box and snapped the jack into the mixer.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dhinojosa94 View Post
    may i ask why? i checked out the ones you suggested and im not a big fan of the design of the first 2, looks are very important, for some reason people here pay lots of attention to how "cool" your headphones are and associate your level with the headphones, its dumb but it works, thats why i sometimes mix with beats even though i hate them just for marketing purposes, and the ones you suggested look rather i dont know, simplistic? why wouldnt you recommend the ones ive chose?
    lmao looks are important but you hated the first 2, oh the sweet irony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast