Mansion Miami kicks another DJ off the decks... this time DJ Shadow
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Mansion Miami kicks another DJ off the decks... this time DJ Shadow

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater

I really don't know why Mansion books people that doesn't fit into their friday/saturday crowd. Glad I didn't bother going.

Tech Guru

Who the hell runs that place?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Gobsmacked.

Shadow can get a bit "experimental" - but FUCK! IT'S DJ FUCKIN' SHADOW!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I am sure Mansion presold alot of tickets to alot of people wanting and waiting to see DJ Shadow. How does this even happen?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

Wow, that's crazy. Joe Maz (from DiscoTech, big fan of his) and DJ Konflict are the Friday residents. Joe had tweeted how he was excited to be opening for a guy he looked up to. Mansion on Fridays is usually open format, Craze was there not long ago and Saturdays is usually electro - Sidney Samson, Aoki, etc. Blame the promoters for sure.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

At this point it doesn't matter how much I like someone playing at mansion I just don't bother considering. I know new years places typically jack up the prices but cheapest general admission tickets for carl cox at mansion are like $300- lolwut?

Apparently he was also booted from Opera nightclub in Atlanta this weekend....

The only explanation I can think of is that DJ Shadow is secretly Bad Luck Brian.
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Mentor

Tech Guru

I understand, from a nightclub owner perspective, how much damage having someone play the wrong kind of music can do to your club. I also understand, from a DJ perspective, that you gotta keep the crowd going or you're not doing your job right. What I cannot understand, is why a club would book such a pioneer of EDM, knowing he will play his kind of music, and also setting your door prices knowing that he will bring his fans... And then chop him because he does so. Clearly, the club manager booked DJ Shadow with the idea he was a big name DJ and that he knows how to get a crowd going, without realising that people pay money to see just DJ Shadow at his own gigs because he's big enough to play his own music. Bad oversight on the club management, and now will have negative repercussions for everyone in that area, because now the club will only book stereotypical rich kid electro DJs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced on Facebook that they're banning Serato or whatever it is that Shadow uses.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast