Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter on Mac - M-audio Profire 610
    Tech Wizard

Default Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter on Mac - M-audio Profire 610

I've looked endlessly on the web for information regarding the Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter for my MacBook Air 2012 running OSX 10.8. I just want to spread the word out to all, I own an M-audio Profire 610 audio interface, and can confirm that I am able to use it fully bus powered! I just made sure I installed the latest driver for the interface from M-Audio's website. Many places state that the adapter can only power up to 7W of power, I was afraid that it wouldn't be enough to power my interface without the need of a power adapter for the extra juice. But again, I am running the interface fully bus powered without any drop outs and all in and out ports are fully functional!.
    Last edited by Ravishing; 12-17-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks for the info! Just to make sure I am understanding correctly. I have a M-audio Profire610 and was going to buy a Macbook Air 3.2, with no firewire port, but after reading some not so clear posts that it wouldnīt work, I didnīt buy it.
    But youīre saying that it will work? Iīd just need the Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter and a firewire 400 to 800 cable right? Thanks a lot, I donīt want to buy a mac and have my profire go useless.