Information regarding android tab and DJing

Default Information regarding android tab and DJing

Hello,
    soon I'd like to DJ for party using a pad...
    But I'd like to use an androïd tab like samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1

I know that past versions of Androïd were not very performant compared to Ipad but my needs are relatively basic:
    using the tab for playing stored music in MP3 format or FLAC format. But, it means that I need an output for the headset and another one for the mastered output:
    1- listening the next music (music "B") I'll play in the headset while another music (music "A") is playing during the party
    2- be able to fade the sound from music "A" to music "B" manually in real time.

It seems that for this, I need an external DAC... Do you know any external DAC compatible with Androïd (Ice cream Sanwich)? Also, do you know any androïd DJ app that handle this kind of feature (a music A over the headset and another one on a different output)

Thank you very much for your expertise in advance

Tech Mentor

well i'm not sure if pre-cueing is gonna work with just a tablet, since it only has a internal soundcard with 1 output. i dont use any tablets to dj so i dont know about the apps, but i my guess is that there are alot of apps that do what you want, just basic mixer apps, for example "virtual dj turntable".

but if you really want to get into digital djing properly there is no way around a macbook/other laptop. you can use your pad to control software like traktor and have a 2-channel soundcard (like NI audio 2) for pre-listening with your headphones.

such dj-apps might be okay for a little houseparty with some friends where you dont need good mixes and transitions but just dont want the music to stop between 2 tracks, but in clubs or bigger events, dont even think about just showing up with a tablet and dj with it!

This is why I'm asking if someone already know any combo about Androïd pad / USB external sound card (or DAC) with one or more apps that could handle that.

I'm not trying to be a DJ in a club. I'm just a guy that just want to make people dance on the floor

It would be for party between 30 to 50 people for a medium period... So yes, being a real professional is not my goal but listening what I'll cue is really important for me. Other wise, windows media player or itune could handle it perfectly

Thank you anyway for your feedback