What does "touch sensitive" mean?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What does "touch sensitive" mean?

Other than the fact that this is an overly noob-ish question... what does "touch sensitive" mean? I guess I'm specifically talking about touch sensitive jog wheels.

I'm seriously considering buying a Hercules Steel instead of the VCI-100 and I know the main difference is this whole touch sensitive deal.

I can guess what it means, but why guess when I can ask.

(Also if this has already been posted about, I'm sorry. I did do a quick search first.)
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Touch sensitive means that as soon as you put pressure on the jog without moving the jog it gets recognized. A non-touch jog only acts if it is moved. A touch-jog is sending a signal for getting touched and getting moved. A non-touch jog only has a signal for beeing moved.

Best example is for scratching with jogs. If you have a touch-jog you scratch and as soon as you let go off the jog the music continous. With a non-touch-jog, there is a huge delay because its reacting to movement, so the record plays as soon as the jog isnt moved anymore. If i were you i would go for the vci, its also very good supported by vdj. Not as much as the herc, but hey, the vci has touch-jogs a huuuge plus IMHO.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Touch sensitive jogs = win
    Non Touch sensitive jogs = lose

watch Ean juggle with this shit (best example of why touch sensitive is better):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZ93...e=channel_page

my understanding is that it is just an other programmable aspect of control and who wont use that??
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

^^^ That is cool.

I guess really it comes down to if the extra couple hundred dollars is worth that. Personally, I have no intention of doing any scratching or juggling, so I don't know if there's really any point.

Thanks for the help though, too bad all this stuff isn't just a whole lot cheaper
    LamboxMusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    ^^^ That is cool.

I guess really it comes down to if the extra couple hundred dollars is worth that. Personally, I have no intention of doing any scratching or juggling, so I don't know if there's really any point.

Thanks for the help though, too bad all this stuff isn't just a whole lot cheaper
    Tell me about it...I still havent bought mine. (LONG LIVE THE BCR!!!!!)

I dont plan on doing any juggling or scratching either but the the thing is tried and tested quality. Plus it is a breeze with this community and all the mods and general expertise regarding it here....especially if you're using Traktor.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

That's true... I think a lot of Hercules' products have kind of a poor reputation, but from what I've read the Steel is pretty decent. Too bad there really isn't anywhere I can actually try either of them out (the Steel or VCI). But I guess even if there was it would have to be on a computer with VDJ; I don't know how to use anything else.

I don't know though, money's tight- to say the least. I'm out of work right now.
    LamboxMusic.com

If the steel had the vci's wheel it would be awesome. is a good solid controller anyways tho.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

look for dj-tech i-mix mk2 reload, its like a mix between herc and vci, kinda cheap, but still decent, build in soundcard and touch-jogs
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    look for dj-tech i-mix mk2 reload, its like a mix between herc and vci, kinda cheap, but still decent, build in soundcard and touch-jogs
    I did a quick search on google and ebay and other than some videos, couldn't find anything on it (like where to buy it, so I can get an idea of price)...
    LamboxMusic.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast